Caroline, Countess Spencer and Hugo Bulmer

Shinjinee

Sep 16, 2008, 8:47:28 AM9/16/08
to Peerage News
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/mandrake/2800043/Cider-millionaire-Hugo-Bulmer-gives-Countess-Spencer-a-new-lease-of-life.html

Caroline, Countess Spencer is now seeing Hugo Bulmer, ex-husband of
Lucia Silver (md 2001). Any relation of Jonathan Bulmer, ex-husband
of the late Lady Marcia Bulmer nee Leveson-Gower?

[article from Mandrake]

Countess Spencer has made a first public appearance with Hugo Bulmer
Photo: PHILIP HOLLIS

Now, however, Mandrake is pleased to report that Hugo Bulmer, a man
blessed with a fortune if not a title, has given her a new lease of
life.

The couple made their first public appearance together this week at
the Royal Parks Foundation summer gala, in Hyde Park, where a friend
of Caroline told me: "We are all delighted for her. It's just
wonderful to see a smile on her face again.

"She loves party-going but of course it's no fun party-going when you
are on your own." Hugo, whose family pocketed £84 million for its
stake in the Herefordshire-based cider-making company H P Bulmer when
the brewing giant Scottish & Newcastle took it over in 2003, recently
divorced his 35-year-old wife, Lucia Silver.

"Our divorce was absolutely amicable," says Lucia, a fashion designer
based in Notting Hill, whom he married in Morocco in 2001. "Obviously,
I wish him well."

It is unclear whether Earl Spencer and Caroline, 41, who also bore the
brother of Diana, Princess of Wales a four-year-old son, have agreed
the terms of their divorce. Caroline was granted a decree nisi last
year on the grounds of Charles Spencer's "unreasonable behaviour'',
but a decree absolute was reportedly delayed by a dispute over their
house in Maida Vale, west London.

Lord Spencer was unavailable for comment yesterday.

Shinjinee

marquess

Sep 16, 2008, 9:20:14 AM9/16/08
to Peerage News
I believe that he bought that house long before he married her.

Turenne

Sep 16, 2008, 5:25:56 PM9/16/08
to Peerage News
I was with Charlie Bulmer (who is also from the cider making dynasty)
last weekend. Is he a brother/cousin?

Richard L

Michael Rhodes

Sep 16, 2008, 6:35:37 PM9/16/08
to Peerage News
They're a large clan. One prominent Bulmer is (James) Esmond Bulmer,
former Tory
MP for Kidderminster, b 19 May 1935; son of Edward Bulmer and Margaret
Rye;
educated at Rugby and King's College, Cambridge (MA); married (i)
1959, Morella
Kearton, 3 sons 1 dau (Caroline Bulmer, engaged Daily Telegraph
17 Aug 2007 to James F. Dean, son of Patrick Dean); married (ii)
1990,
Susan Elizabeth Bower (nee Murray). Esmond's 1st spouse married (ii)
1991, Sir Alfred Wm (Jerry) Wiggin, Knt (b 24 Feb 1937) sometime Tory
MP for Weston-super-Mare, and scion of the Wiggin Baronets (cr 1892)
See:-

http://archive.thisisthenortheast.co.uk/2005/2/28/21438.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esmond_Bulmer

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/richlist/person/0,,47750,00.html

This branch of the family now own part of the Studley Royal estate,
near
Ripon, North Yorkshire.

BettyG

Sep 24, 2008, 12:09:52 AM9/24/08
to Peerage News
George Bulmer, one of the many relations, was co-keeper of swimming
with Prince William at Eton.

On Sep 16, 11:35�pm, Michael Rhodes <mig73allenford2...@yahoo.co.uk>