Enriqueta Mary Jeanne Crouch (nee Koch de Gooreynd) c1934-2009

Michael Rhodes

Sep 5, 2009, 4:18:03 AM9/5/09
to Peerage News
Enriqueta Mary Jeanne Crouch (nee Koch de Gooreynd) died 31 August,
2009, aged 75. She was born circa 1934, dau of Peter Maurice Jacques
Koch de Gooreynd (b 26 Sept 1905, d 1973), head of the LG family, by
his wife the former Joan Margaret Douglas (LG Scotland, or Peerage?),
dau of Francis William Douglas (1874-1953).

http://www.burkes-peerage.net/familyhomepage.aspx?FID=0&FN=Koch1-430

She maried (i) 1 Jan 1953 (div 1976), as his 1st wife, the Hon. John
Martin Lindesay-Bethune (b 27 November 1929), son of William Tucker
Lindesay-Bethune, 14th Earl of Lindsay, by his wife the former Marjory
Cross; she later married Ramond Crouch. She leaves issue from his 1st
marriage, sons Nicholas, Jonathan and Simon Lindsay-Bethune, and
daughter, Sally. She was predeceased by a son Crispin, who was born
and died in 1966.

--==--

Shinjinee

Sep 5, 2009, 5:14:56 AM9/5/09
to Peerage News

On Sep 5, 1:18 pm, Michael Rhodes <mig73allenford2...@yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:
> Enriqueta Mary Jeanne Crouch (nee Koch de Gooreynd) died 31 August,
> 2009, aged 75. She was born circa 1934, dau of Peter Maurice Jacques
> Koch de Gooreynd (b 26 Sept 1905, d 1973), head of the LG family, by
> his wife the former Joan Margaret Douglas (LG Scotland, or Peerage?),
> dau of Francis William Douglas (1874-1953).
>
> http://www.burkes-peerage.net/familyhomepage.aspx?FID=0&FN=Koch1-430

Her children are listed at
http://www.thepeerage.com/p36917.htm

Her parents on honeymoon at Gleneagles
http://www.scran.ac.uk/database/record.php?usi=000-000-200-438-C

http://www.antique-horology.org/gallery/asp/objectright.asp?id=486
The connection to the de Laski family, and thus to the Scrope main
line
" The wife’s arms are a Polish coat used by a great number of
families; the husband’s arms are those of the Laski family of Poland.
In 1891 William J. M. Koch de Gooreynd (1853-1919), paternal
grandfather of Sir Simon Towneley and Sir Peregrine Worsthorne, of
Belgium and Belgrave Square and naturalized British subject in 1883,
married his cousin Manuela Joanna Joaquima Maria (d. 1936). She was
the daughter and co-heir of Alexandre de Laski (1828-80) by his wife
Joaquima Marques de Souza Lisboa. Alexandre de Laski, who was born in
Warsaw and died in Weisbaden, Germany lived in England at Adelaide
Crescent, Brighton. "

http://www.accessmylibrary.com/article-1G1-116670719/first-whig-devil-then.html
[how Peregrine Worsthorne's father got his name briefly]

"Peregrine Worsthorne's highly provocative tract for the times, In
Defence of Aristocracy (Harper-Collins,.... In an enchanting section
at the beginning of the book, Worsthorne discusses his own claims to
aristocratic status. His grandfather was a Belgian banker, Alexander
Koch de Gooreynd, who settled in Belgrave Square and tried to start a
line of English aristocrats. His son (whom I met occasionally: the
word boulevardier might have been invented to describe him) wanted to
lead the life of the idle rich but was made to marry Perry's mother--a
Catholic earl's granddaughter and fierce defender of noblesse oblige--
then to look for a safe Tory seat. Central Office told him, 'You'll
never get one with a name like that. My word! Better change it, old
boy.' So he picked on Worsthorne, a village on his wife's family
estate in Lancashire. Alas, he never got the promised seat, and in
disgust he changed his name back again. But in the meantime a son had
been born, to grow up with one of the best-known bylines in British
journalism, I often used to say to him, 'That name of yours is worth
an extra 1,000 [pounds sterling] a year to begin with.'"

I don't have access to Burke's online. How was Peter Koch de Gooreynd
related to
1) Alexander Koch de Gooreynd, later Towneley, later Worsthorne, later
Koch de Gooreynd (1899-19__), a former Colonel of the Irish Guards?
He was father of Sir Simon Towneley and Sir Peregrine Worsthorne (both
knights) and former husband (md 1921 div) of Priscilla Reyntiens,
later Lady Norman. He was son of William Julien Maurice Koch de
Gooreynd [formerly Koch] (1853–1919), stockbroker.
[www.oxforddnb.com/index/101050272/]

2 Peter Koch de Gooreynd, Head of Six Sigma at Centrica, Oxford,
United Kingdom, and former Major, British Army 1978-1990
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/peter-koch-de-gooreynd/12/541/7a3

3) Alexander (Alex) Koch de Gooreynd, letting agent for a property
firm
http://www.facebook.com/people/Alex-Koch-De-Gooreynd/505900428

4) T. (Tim) Koch de Gooreynd, aircraft representation

Presumably Manuela (Manou) Koch de Gooreynd, Sarah, and others also
belong to this family by birth.

Presumably Peter Koch de Gooreynd was the same man who is described by
the NPG as inventor, songwriter and music-publisher
http://www.npg.org.uk/collections/search/person.php?LinkID=mp55338
[photographed in 1937]

Shinjinee