Sir Edward Robert Bates, 6th Baronet (1946-2007)

Michael Rhodes

Mar 31, 2007, 5:43:35 AM3/31/07
to Peerage News
Sir Edward Bates, 6th Baronet, died 25 March, 2007, after a short
illness. He was aged 60.

Edward Robert Bates was b 4 July, 1946, son of Sir Geoffrey Voltelin
Bates, 5th Bt (1921-2005), by his 1st wife the former Kitty Lane (d 2
June 1956).

He was educated in Gordonstoun School, Elgin, Morayshire, Scotland, &
the University of Grenoble. His home was at Gwynllys, Rhiw, Groes,
Denbighshire, Wales.

He succeeded to the baronetcy on the demise of his father, 13 Feb,
2005.

He was the brother of Celina Radcliffe (b. 1958), & the late Richard
Bates (1948-2002) and Sarah Bates (1960-77).

The funeral took place, 30 March, 2007, at Llanasa Parish Church.

Michael Rhodes (please delete the x to e-mail me)
=====================================

bx...@yahoo.com

Mar 31, 2007, 1:24:45 PM3/31/07
to Peerage News
According to Debrett's 2003, the late baronet was unmarried, no
children. His younger brother (who is shown as living in the book)
was married with 3 children including one son. I believe the son
(nephew of the recently deceased baronet) now succeeds to the
baronetcy at age 22. His name is James Geoffrey Bates, born March 14,
1985.

Brooke
bx...@yahoo.com

On Mar 31, 5:43?am, "Michael Rhodes" <migx73allenford2...@yahoo.co.uk>

Wilton

Mar 31, 2007, 4:52:48 PM3/31/07
to Peerage News

On Mar 31, 1:24 pm, "b...@yahoo.com" <b...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> According to Debrett's 2003, the late baronet was unmarried, no
> children. His younger brother (who is shown as living in the book)
> was married with 3 children including one son. I believe the son
> (nephew of the recently deceased baronet) now succeeds to the
> baronetcy at age 22. His name is James Geoffrey Bates, born March 14,
> 1985.
>
> Brooke

> b...@yahoo.com

Brooke, perhaps I misunderstood your posting but the current 7th
Baronet, the young James Geoffrey you mention, was the son of the late
Sir Edward Bates whose death is noted above and the grandson of the
5th Baronet, Sir Geoffrey Bates (1921-2005). The baronetcy passed in a
direct line.

Michael Rhodes

Mar 31, 2007, 6:44:57 PM3/31/07
to Peerage News

The 7th Bart is the son of the 6th Barts younger deceased
brother......

Wilton

Mar 31, 2007, 7:41:31 PM3/31/07
to Peerage News

On Mar 31, 6:44 pm, "Michael Rhodes" <migx73allenford2...@yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:

> The 7th Bart is the son of the 6th Barts younger deceased
> brother......

I misread. My apologies.