Peerages Pertaining to the same place

BREMENMURRAY

7:42 AM (16 hours ago) 7:42 AM
to Peerage News
The thread regarding the Dudley Barons has given two examples of peerages pertaining to the same place.The Dudley Barons and Earl's of Dudley also the Marquesses of Waterford and Earls of Shrewsbury and Waterford.Two other examples are the Duke of Sutherland and the Earl of Sutherland.Also the heir of the Duke of Sutherland is the Marquess of Stafford.with another peer also Lord Stafford.Interestingly Lord Stafford is one of the few hereditary peers who is still Chancellor of a university{Staffordshire} and former Pro Chancellor of Keele.He is related to Maria Fitzherbert "wife" of George IV and still a landowner near Stone,In former times the Duke of Sutherland resided at Trentham Hall a few miles from Stone, Presumably there were times when two Lord Stafford's  were residing in north Staffordshire

Jonathan

7:59 AM (15 hours ago) 7:59 AM
to Peerage News
There are currently two Earldoms of Mar. I believe the present Countess of Mar lives in Great Witley, Worcestershire, the location of Witley Court, the ruined former seat of the Earls of Dudley, as mentioned in the other thread.

bx...@yahoo.com

8:05 AM (15 hours ago) 8:05 AM
to Peerage News
From 1937-1972, there was the Duke of Windsor and Viscount Windsor (a secondary title for the Earl of Plymouth).

Brooke

David Beamish

8:26 AM (15 hours ago) 8:26 AM
to Peerage News
Not to mention the earldom of Windsor held by the Marquess of Bute!

992234177

9:04 PM (2 hours ago) 9:04 PM
to Peerage News

There are two earls of Kincardine.   The Earl of Elgin and Kincardine and the earldom borne by The Duke of Montrose.

992234177

9:13 PM (2 hours ago) 9:13 PM
to Peerage News

Earl of March and Kinrara (Duke of Richmond) and Earl of Wemyss and March
Earl of Darnley (Duke of Richmond) and Earl of Darnley

There are two earls of Arran but they are not the same place.

992234177

9:38 PM (2 hours ago) 9:38 PM
to Peerage News
Duke of Hamilton and Marquess of Hamilton (Duke of Abercorn), not sure about this, I presume it’s the same location

dpth...@gmail.com

10:02 PM (1 hour ago) 10:02 PM
to Peerage News
short memories here :)

We discussed this already this year, I think.