Marriage A.D.Trotter / The Hon. Asia Mackay

Turenne

Sep 24, 2007, 2:02:25 PM9/24/07
to Peerage News
Following Michael's engagement posting last year; the marriage of
Andrew David Trotter and Asia Brooke Mackay took place on the 22nd
September 2007.
Asia is the daughter of Baron Tanlaw, who is the third son of the 2nd
Earl of Inchcape. His mother, the earl's second wife, was Leonora
Margaret Brooke, daughter of Sir Charles Vyner Brooke, the last White
Rajah of Sarawak.

Richard Lichten

bx...@yahoo.com

Sep 25, 2007, 4:28:12 PM9/25/07
to Peerage News
Richard, thank you for posting this information. It seems that for
every 10 engagement announcements, maybe we get 1 confirming that the
actual marriage took place.

The family must like the name "Brooke" (to which I admit I'm
parital). Not only is it the bride's middle name but her brother's
name is "Brooke Brooke."

Brooke

Turenne

Sep 25, 2007, 4:46:07 PM9/25/07
to Peerage News

> > Richard Lichten- Hide quoted text -

Rather a lot of Brookes (including you) - practically a river!

I think that they are rather proud of their Sarawak connections. The
Brooke's rule was fairly benign and many look back on that time with
an element of fondness.

Richard

bx...@yahoo.com

Sep 26, 2007, 3:40:21 PM9/26/07
to Peerage News
"Parital"? I guess I invented a new word...

That's what happens when you type and don't proofread!

Brooke