, what did you learn about COPD Management?

ePulmonlogy Review

May 11, 2022, 9:00:03 AM5/11/22
to 2lu...@gmail.com
View this email in your browser
ePulmonology Review

Post-Assessment

Dear Colleague,

Thank you for participating in ePulmonology Review. We hope you have enjoyed Issues 3 & 4 on COPD, Triple Therapy, GOLD, and COVID: State-of-the-ART Management (Early 2022) with our guest author Nirupama Putcha, MD, MHS.

Please take our post-assessment here.

Take Post-Assessment Now

If you have not yet read the newsletter or listened to the podcast, please visit our newsletter archive here.

In case you forgot, here are the key takeaways from ePulmonology Review Issues 3 & 4:

  • Results from the ETHOS trial indicate that 160 µg budesonide and 320 µg budesonide triple therapy more effectively reduces the rate of moderate or severe exacerbations in COPD than dual therapy with a LAMA/LABA or ICS/LABA combination. These findings align with those collected from the IMPACT, TRILOGY, and TRIBUTE clinical trials.
  • Separate findings from a post hoc analysis of the ISOLDE trial suggest that changes in blood eosinophil counts after ICS administration may predict clinical response to therapy in patients with COPD and increase in eosinophil after ICS was associated with higher risk of exacerbation with ICS treatment.
  • Patient-level data for people with COPD linked with the OpenSAFELY platform based in the United Kingdom do not indicate that regular ICS use confers a protective effect against SARS-CoV-2. Observed increased risks of death were likely attributable to unmeasured confounding, supporting the suggestion to continue treating COPD as before the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic.
  • Supplementation with vitamin D can help reduce the rate of moderate or severe exacerbations in patients with a preexisting deficiency (<25 nmol/L). Clinicians should consider testing vitamin D status in patients with COPD, as such a deficiency is prevalent in this population.

Activity Directors

Gregory B. Diette, MD
Gregory B. Diette, MD
Read bio

Christine Smith, RN, MSN
Christine Smith, RN, MSN
Read bio

DKBmed on App Store
DKBmed on Google PLay
The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Office of Continuing Medical Education
720 Rutland Avenue, Turner 20
Baltimore, Maryland 21205-2195
Phone: (410) 502-9634
Fax: (866) 510-7088
E-mail: [email protected]
Website: hopkinscme.cloud-cme.com/aph.aspx
John Hopkins University School of Medicine
The Institute for Johns Hopkins Nursing
600 North Wolfe Street, Admin. 308
Baltimore, Maryland 21287
Email: [email protected]
Website: https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/institute_nursing/index.html
Institute for John Hopkins Nursing
DKBmed Twitter
DKBmed Facebook
Please add this email to your address book or safe senders list to ensure future emails.

DKBmed
DKBmed, LLC
122 West 26th Street
Suite 1100
New York, NY 10001
Phone: (646) 336-6495

This email was sent to 2lu...@gmail.com
DKBmarketing · 122 W 26th St · New York, NY 10001-6804 · USA