Karger Alert: Latest articles based on your preference

ale...@karger.com

Apr 26, 2022, 12:03:13 AM4/26/22
to 2lu...@gmail.com
View your alert articles online

Karger Alert: New Articles online

Dear Reader

Here is a fresh batch of alerts for new articles, issues or books which match your selection criteria. Enjoy!

Are you curious what our daily business looks like? Do you want to see who we are and what we do? Then look no further and visit our Experience Karger Blog.

To edit your Alert profile or to add new journals and fields of interest to your selection, please login at www.karger.com/MyKarger or contact us for assistance.

Kind regards,
The Karger Alert Team
in...@karger.com

Latest articles based on your preference:

Respiration
Safety of Bronchoscopy after Acute Coronary Syndrome

Author(s): T. Soumagne J.-M. Paradis Y. Lacasse et al.

Background: Bronchoscopy is a safe procedure which is frequently performed for the investigation of respiratory diseases. Current guidelines recommend to delay bronchoscopy for 4–6 weeks after acute coronary syndrome (ACS), as this period is theoretically considered at risk for new onset of ACS. We therefore aimed to evaluate the safety ...

Read more
Future Perspectives of Revaluating Mild COPD

Author(s): D. Radovanovic M. Contoli F. Braido et al.

In 2020, COPD was the third leading cause of death worldwide. Lung function is central for the diagnosis of this disease, and COPD severity is still partially classified based on airflow obstruction, which can range from “mild” (GOLD 1 group, FEV1 ≥80% predicted) to “very severe” (GOLD 4, FEV1 <30% predicted). However, the term ...

Read more
The Effect of Borderline Pulmonary Hypertension on Survival in Chronic Lung Disease

Author(s): L. Piccari S.J. Wort F. Meloni et al.

Background: The impact of the new “borderline” hemodynamic class for pulmonary hypertension (PH) (mean pulmonary artery pressure [mPAP], 21–24 mm Hg and pulmonary vascular resistance, [PVR], ≥3 wood units, [WU]) in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and interstitial lung disease (ILD) is unclear. Objectives: ...

Read more
Kompass Pneumologie
Progress bei ILD: Wann ist eine Rebiopsie sinnvoll?

Author(s): M. Wagner

Background: The usefulness and safety of transbronchial lung cryobiopsy (TBLC) for reassessment of diffuse parenchymal lung disease (DPLD) with progression is still unknown. Our purpose was to clarify the usefulness and safety of TBLC for reassessment of DPLD with progression. Methods: This retrospective study included 31 patients ...

Read more
Malignes Pleuramesotheliom: Künstliche Intelligenz in der Bildanalyse

Author(s): S. Keymel

Background:Background In malignant pleural mesothelioma (MPM), complex tumour morphology results in inconsistent radiological response assessment. Promising volumetric methods require automation to be practical. We developed a fully automated Convolutional Neural Network (CNN) for this purpose, performed blinded validation and compared ...

Read more
ILD: VOC-Analyse des Atemabdrucks als vielversprechende Methode der nicht invasiven Diagnostik

Author(s): F. Drakopanagiotakis, A. Günther

Background: Fibrotic Interstitial lung diseases (ILD) are a heterogeneous group of chronic lung diseases characterized by diverse degrees of lung inflammation and remodeling. They include idiopathic ILD such as idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF), and ILD secondary to chronic inflammatory diseases such as connective tissue disease (CTD). ...

Read more
Lungenkrebs-Operationen: Frauen haben eine niedrigere Komplikationsrate und Krankenhaussterblichkeit

Author(s): T. Lesser

Objectives: Sex is an important predictor for lung cancer survival and a favorable prognostic indicator for women compared to men. Specific surgery-related sex differences of patients with lung cancer remain unclear. The aim of this study is to analyze sex-specific differences after lung cancer resections to identify factors for an unfavorable ...

Read more
Kompass Neumología
Rompiendo el paradigma en la oxigenoterapia

Author(s): C.O. Ceballos-Zuñiga

Background: Oxygen (O2) is a drug with specific biochemical and physiological properties, a range of effective doses and may have side effects. In 2015, 14% of over 55,000 hospital patients in the UK were using oxygen. 42% of patients received this supplemental oxygen without a valid prescription. Health care professionals are frequently ...

Read more

Update your Alert profile and select your subject areas.

Review my profile
If you no longer wish to receive our Alert notifications, you are able to unsubscribe at any time.

Unsubscribe

Copyright © 2022 | All Rights Reserved.
S. Karger AG | P.O Box, CH-4009 Basel (Switzerland) | Allschwilerstrasse 10, CH-4055 Basel
Phone: + 41 61 306 11 11 | Fax: + 41 61 306 12 34 | www.karger.com | in...@karger.com
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Imprint

ale...@karger.com

May 3, 2022, 1:26:28 AM5/3/22
to 2lu...@gmail.com
View your alert articles online

Karger Alert: New Articles online

Dear Reader

Here is a fresh batch of alerts for new articles, issues or books which match your selection criteria. Enjoy!

Are you curious what our daily business looks like? Do you want to see who we are and what we do? Then look no further and visit our Experience Karger Blog.

To edit your Alert profile or to add new journals and fields of interest to your selection, please login at www.karger.com/MyKarger or contact us for assistance.

Kind regards,
The Karger Alert Team
in...@karger.com

Latest articles based on your preference:

Respiration
Bifurcated Silicone Stents for the Management of Anastomotic Complications in Lung Transplanted Patients: Ten Years’ Experience

Author(s): J. Guinde J. Bismuth S. Laroumagne et al.

Background: In lung transplantation (LT), the actual surgical practice is to cut the donor bronchus as short as possible in order to reduce anastomotic complications (AC). Consequently, the anastomosis is very close to the secondary carina. If AC occur, regular straight stents may be unsatisfactory and on-site modified bifurcated stents ...

Read more
Anxiety, Depression and Quality of Life in Pulmonary Hypertension: A Comparison of Incident and Prevalent Cases

Author(s): E. Pfeuffer-Jovic F. Joa M. Halank et al.

Introduction: Anxiety and depression are common in pulmonary hypertension (PH) and health-related quality of life (HRQoL) is reduced. Sufficient analyses in incident and prevalent patients are lacking, so we provide a comparative analysis of these groups with focus on anxiety, depression and HRQoL. Methods: Depression, ...

Read more
Accuracy and Predictors of Success of EUS-B-FNA in the Diagnosis of Pulmonary Malignant Lesions: A Prospective Multicenter Italian Study

Author(s): M. Mondoni S. Gasparini F. Varone et al.

Background: The role of endoscopic ultrasound with bronchoscope fine-needle aspiration (EUS-B-FNA) in the diagnosis of suspected malignant pulmonary lesions adjacent to the esophagus has been poorly investigated. The aim of the present study was to assess the accuracy of EUS-B-FNA for the diagnosis and molecular profiling of paraesophageal ...

Read more
Kompass Pneumologie
Silikose ohne Bergbau – neue Gefahren durch Küchenarbeitsplatten

Author(s): M. Velasco Garrido, A.M. Preisser

Background: Engineered stone silicosis is an emerging disease in many countries worldwide produced by the inhalation of respirable dust of engineered stone. This silicosis has a high incidence among young workers, with a short latency period and greater aggressiveness than silicosis caused by natural materials. Although the silica content is ...

Read more
Schweres Asthma, Telemedizin und selbst verabreichte Therapie: Zuerst auf den Patienten hören

Author(s): G. Guarnieri M. Caminati A. Achille et al.

Patienten mit schwerem Asthma haben ein erhöhtes Risiko für größere Komplikationen und müssen regelmäßig überwacht werden. Die COVID-19-Pandemie hat sich deutlich auf die Ressourcen des Gesundheitswesens ausgewirkt. Der telemedizinische Ansatz bei der Nachsorge von Asthmapatienten hat sich bei der Überwachung der Krankheit und der Therapietreue ...

Read more
Kompass Neumología
Ingresando por un cuadro de neumonitis bacteriana, los exámenes revelaron adenopatías en el cuello, el mediastino y el abdomen

Author(s): C. Carbonelli E. Giuffreda A. Palmiotti et al.

Read more
Congresos y eventos

Author(s):

Read more

ale...@karger.com

May 10, 2022, 1:39:32 AM5/10/22
to 2lu...@gmail.com
View your alert articles online

Karger Alert: New Articles online

Dear Reader

Here is a fresh batch of alerts for new articles, issues or books which match your selection criteria. Enjoy!

Are you curious what our daily business looks like? Do you want to see who we are and what we do? Then look no further and visit our Experience Karger Blog.

To edit your Alert profile or to add new journals and fields of interest to your selection, please login at www.karger.com/MyKarger or contact us for assistance.

Kind regards,
The Karger Alert Team
in...@karger.com

Latest articles based on your preference:

Respiration
Exercise Physiology at “Conversational Level” Is Not Impaired in Healthy Young Subjects Wearing Masks or Respirators

Author(s): V. Sanchez-Migallón C. Calvo-Lobo S. Sanchez-Jorge et al.

Objective: The aim of this study was to evaluate the effects of the use of both surgical masks and FFP2 respirators on the inspiratory muscle strength, metabolic parameters, heart rate, subjective perceived exertion, and dyspnea perception, before and during 30 min stable load exercise at “conversational level”. Methods: ...

Read more
Mathematical Arterialization of Capillary Blood for Blood Gas Analysis in Critically Ill Patients

Author(s): A. Daher, J.M. Veelken, T. Müller

Background: In clinical practice, capillary blood taken from hyperemized earlobes (CBGE) or fingertips (CBGF) is frequently used as substitute for arterial blood (ABG) for blood gas analysis. While there is a close agreement between ABG and CBGE/CBGF regarding pH and pCO2, ...

Read more
Predictors of Low and High Exhaled Nitric Oxide Values in Asthma: A Real-World Study

Author(s): F. Bertolini A.E. Sprio A. Baroso et al.

Background: In asthma, exhaled nitric oxide (FENO) is a clinically established biomarker of airway T2 inflammation and an indicator for anti-inflammatory therapy. Objectives: The aim of the study was to identify, in an observational real-world cross-sectional study, the main characteristics of patients ...

Read more
Kompass Pneumologie
Die Rolle digitaler Hilfsmittel bei der rechtzeitigen Diagnose und Vorbeugung akuter Exazerbationen der COPD: Ein umfassender Überblick über die Literatur

Author(s): A.K. Konstantinidis C. Kyriakopoulos G. Ntritsos et al.

Die chronisch-obstruktive Lungenerkrankung (COPD) ist eine chronisch-entzündliche Erkrankung der Atemwege und des Lungenparenchyms mit vielfältigen systemischen Manifestationen. Exazerbationen der COPD sind wichtige Ereignisse im Krankheitsverlauf, da sie mit einer erhöhten Sterblichkeit, einer schwerwiegenden Beeinträchtigung der gesundheitsbezogenen ...

Read more
Das Verhältnis zwischen objektivem App-Engagement und Medikamentenadhärenz bei Asthma und COPD: eine retrospektive Analyse

Author(s): L. Kaye R. Gondalia A. Thompson et al.

Digitale Gesundheitstools können die Selbstüberwachung von Krankheiten fördern, aber der Zusammenhang von Smartphone-App-Engagement und Medikamentenadhärenz ist unklar. Wir bewerteten den Zusammenhang zwischen dem objektiven Smartphone-App-Engagement und der Anwendung von Controller-Medikamenten bei Erwachsenen mit Asthma und COPD. Wir ...

Read more

ale...@karger.com

May 17, 2022, 2:21:12 AM5/17/22
to 2lu...@gmail.com
View your alert articles online

Karger Alert: New Articles online

Dear Reader

Here is a fresh batch of alerts for new articles, issues or books which match your selection criteria. Enjoy!

Are you curious what our daily business looks like? Do you want to see who we are and what we do? Then look no further and visit our Experience Karger Blog.

To edit your Alert profile or to add new journals and fields of interest to your selection, please login at www.karger.com/MyKarger or contact us for assistance.

Kind regards,
The Karger Alert Team
in...@karger.com

Latest articles based on your preference:

Respiration
Deep Learning for Automatic Upper Airway Obstruction Detection by Analysis of Flow-Volume Curve

Author(s): Y. Wang Y. Li W. Chen et al.

Background: Due to the similar symptoms of upper airway obstruction to asthma, misdiagnosis is common. Spirometry is a cost-effective screening test for upper airway obstruction and its characteristic patterns involving fixed, variable intrathoracic and extrathoracic lesions. We aimed to develop a deep learning model to detect upper ...

Read more
Congenital Chylothorax of the Newborn

Author(s): C. Bellini, F. Boccardo, T. Bellini

Read more
Primary Mediastinal Large B-Cell Lymphoma Achieved by Non-Cautery Assisted Transbronchial Mediastinal Cryobiopsy

Author(s): J. Zhang Z.-S. Huang X.-L. Wu et al.

Transbronchial mediastinal cryobiopsy is a novel sampling strategy that shows improved diagnostic utility for mediastinal lesions, particularly in rare tumors and benign disorders, as compared to standard endobronchial ultrasound-guided transbronchial needle aspiration. During this procedure, electrocautery incision is frequently needed to ...

Read more

ale...@karger.com

May 24, 2022, 12:18:02 AM5/24/22
to 2lu...@gmail.com
View your alert articles online

Karger Alert: New Articles online

Dear Reader

Here is a fresh batch of alerts for new articles, issues or books which match your selection criteria. Enjoy!

Are you curious what our daily business looks like? Do you want to see who we are and what we do? Then look no further and visit our Experience Karger Blog.

To edit your Alert profile or to add new journals and fields of interest to your selection, please login at www.karger.com/MyKarger or contact us for assistance.

Kind regards,
The Karger Alert Team
in...@karger.com

Latest articles based on your preference:

Respiration
Is It Possible to Predict Respiratory Evolution in COVID-19 Patients?

Author(s): C.S.V. Barbas, B.F. Mazza

Read more
Effect of Triple Combination CFTR Modulator Therapy on Sleep in Adult Patients with Cystic Fibrosis

Author(s): M. Welsner T. Schulte S. Dietz-Terjung et al.

Background: Sleep-disordered breathing (SDB) and disturbed sleep are common, often underrecognized, comorbidities in people with cystic fibrosis (pwCF). Objectives: We studied the effect of CFTR triple combination therapy elexacaftor/tezacaftor/ivacaftor (ELX/TEZ/IVA) on sleep in pwCF. Method: ...

Read more

ale...@karger.com

May 31, 2022, 12:56:46 AM5/31/22
to 2lu...@gmail.com
View your alert articles online

Karger Alert: New Articles online

Dear Reader

Here is a fresh batch of alerts for new articles, issues or books which match your selection criteria. Enjoy!

Are you curious what our daily business looks like? Do you want to see who we are and what we do? Then look no further and visit our Experience Karger Blog.

To edit your Alert profile or to add new journals and fields of interest to your selection, please login at www.karger.com/MyKarger or contact us for assistance.

Kind regards,
The Karger Alert Team
in...@karger.com

Latest articles based on your preference:

Respiration
Evolution of Web-Based Training Videos Provided by the German Respiratory League for the Correct Inhalation Technique

Author(s): M. Wollsching-Strobel U. Butt D.S. Majorski et al.

Background/Objective: To assess whether and how the use of scientifically established Web-based training videos for teaching correct inhalation technique in patients with chronic airway diseases has become accepted among the wider population. Methods: The viewing trends of 141 freely available YouTube videos (full ...

Read more