Homepages not unique in L3S DBLP export

Hogan, Aidan

Jul 2, 2011, 12:59:09 PM7/2/11
to died...@l3s.de, pedant...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jörg,

First off, very nice work on continuing to host the DBLP exporter!

I found one small bug which you might be able to fix (or know who to contact?).

Some publications share the same value for foaf:homepage, seemingly if they are published in the same collection.

For example, the two papers:
http://dblp.l3s.de/d2r/page/publications/conf/ac/Milner03
http://dblp.l3s.de/d2r/page/publications/conf/ac/NielsenV03

Both have the same homepage:
foaf:homepage <http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/b98282>

...which is the DOI of the collection in which both are published. Since foaf:homepage is an inverse-functional property, these two papers (and all papers in the same collection) can be inferred to be the same.

An easy fix would be to weaken foaf:homepage to foaf:page or similar, but I guess that the DOI of most publications are probably unique. A more fine-grained option would be to run a script to detect and weaken only non-unique DOIs to foaf:page.

Best,
Aidan
- http://pedantic-web.org/