Lichfield Spending - Linked Data Errors

6 views
Skip to first unread message

Benedikt Kämpgen

unread,
Apr 20, 2011, 10:50:22 AM4/20/11
to enqu...@lichfielddc.gov.uk, pedant...@googlegroups.com
Dear Lichfield team,

I like the way you publish spending data [4] using the data cube vocabulary
[1].

Unfortunately, I have found some errors how you implement the vocabulary,
which makes it difficult to use the data:

* you use the wrong property, e.g., <qb:dataSet
rdf:resource="http://spending.lichfielddc.gov.uk/dataset.rdf#2010-04-v1" />.
qb:dataset would be the right one.

* you use different dataset uris e.g.,
** http://spending.lichfielddc.gov.uk/dataset#2010-11-v1
** http://spending.lichfielddc.gov.uk/dataset.rdf#2010-11-v1
** it should be only one used

* the datasets in [2] do not state where the actual data can be found. Maybe
it could link to the sparql endpoint or the bulk download.

If you need help to solve such problems you can ask me directly or reach
more people through this mailing list [3] (CC).

Regards,

Benedikt


[1]
http://publishing-statistical-data.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/specs/src/main/h
tml/cube.html
[2] http://spending.lichfielddc.gov.uk/dataset.rdf#2010-08-v1
[3] http://groups.google.com/group/pedantic-web
[4] http://spending.lichfielddc.gov.uk/download

--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Institute of Applied Informatics and Formal Description Methods (AIFB)

Benedikt Kämpgen
Research Associate

Kaiserstraße 12
Building 11.40
76131 Karlsruhe, Germany

Phone: +49 721 608-47946
Fax: +49 721 608-46580
Email: benedikt...@kit.edu
Web: http://www.kit.edu/

KIT – University of the State of Baden-Wuerttemberg and
National Research Center of the Helmholtz Association


pezholio

unread,
Apr 20, 2011, 12:04:08 PM4/20/11
to Pedantic Web Group
Hi Benedikt,

Thanks for pointing this out. I've modified the rdf as suggested. The
dataset uri is now http://spending.lichfielddc.gov.uk/download#{year}-{month}-{version},
which should make more sense.

Let me know if there's any problems.

Cheers

Stuart

On Apr 20, 3:50 pm, Benedikt Kämpgen <benedikt.kaemp...@kit.edu>
wrote:
> Dear Lichfield team,
>
> I like the way you publish spending data [4] using the data cube vocabulary
> [1].
>
> Unfortunately, I have found some errors how you implement the vocabulary,
> which makes it difficult to use the data:
>
> * you use the wrong property, e.g., <qb:dataSet
> rdf:resource="http://spending.lichfielddc.gov.uk/dataset.rdf#2010-04-v1" />.
> qb:dataset would be the right one.
>
> * you use different dataset uris e.g.,
> **http://spending.lichfielddc.gov.uk/dataset#2010-11-v1
> **http://spending.lichfielddc.gov.uk/dataset.rdf#2010-11-v1
> ** it should be only one used
>
> * the datasets in [2] do not state where the actual data can be found. Maybe
> it could link to the sparql endpoint or the bulk download.
>
> If you need help to solve such problems you can ask me directly or reach
> more people through this mailing list [3] (CC).
>
> Regards,
>
> Benedikt
>
> [1]http://publishing-statistical-data.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/specs/src...
> tml/cube.html
> [2]http://spending.lichfielddc.gov.uk/dataset.rdf#2010-08-v1
> [3]http://groups.google.com/group/pedantic-web
> [4]http://spending.lichfielddc.gov.uk/download
>
> --
> Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
> Institute of Applied Informatics and Formal Description Methods (AIFB)
>
> Benedikt Kämpgen
> Research Associate
>
> Kaiserstraße 12
> Building 11.40
> 76131 Karlsruhe, Germany
>
> Phone: +49 721 608-47946
> Fax: +49 721 608-46580
> Email: benedikt.kaemp...@kit.edu
> Web:http://www.kit.edu/
>
> KIT – University of the State of Baden-Wuerttemberg and
> National Research Center of the Helmholtz Association
>
>  smime.p7s
> 7KViewDownload

Kingsley Idehen

unread,
Apr 20, 2011, 1:00:44 PM4/20/11
to pedant...@googlegroups.com
On 4/20/11 12:04 PM, pezholio wrote:
> Hi Benedikt,
>
> Thanks for pointing this out. I've modified the rdf as suggested. The
> dataset uri is now http://spending.lichfielddc.gov.uk/download#{year}-{month}-{version},
> which should make more sense.
>
> Let me know if there's any problems.

So is it okay for me to grab: http://spending.lichfielddc.gov.uk/all.rdf ?

Kingsley
> Cheers
>
> Stuart
>
> On Apr 20, 3:50 pm, Benedikt K�mpgen<benedikt.kaemp...@kit.edu>

>> Benedikt K�mpgen
>> Research Associate
>>
>> Kaiserstra�e 12


>> Building 11.40
>> 76131 Karlsruhe, Germany
>>
>> Phone: +49 721 608-47946
>> Fax: +49 721 608-46580
>> Email: benedikt.kaemp...@kit.edu
>> Web:http://www.kit.edu/
>>

>> KIT � University of the State of Baden-Wuerttemberg and


>> National Research Center of the Helmholtz Association
>>
>> smime.p7s
>> 7KViewDownload


--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
President& CEO
OpenLink Software
Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
Weblog: http://www.openlinksw.com/blog/~kidehen
Twitter/Identi.ca: kidehen

Benedikt Kämpgen

unread,
Apr 20, 2011, 5:28:41 PM4/20/11
to pedant...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stuart,

Thanks for this.

If one does a lookup on a dataset, e.g. "curl -H "Accept:
application/rdf+xml"
http://spending.lichfielddc.gov.uk/download#2010-12-v1", should one not get
both the dataset definition and the actual data?

Regards,

Benedikt

--
AIFB, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Phone: +49 721 608-47946
Email: benedikt...@kit.edu
Web: http://www.aifb.kit.edu/web/Hauptseite/en

pezholio

unread,
Apr 28, 2011, 6:50:03 AM4/28/11
to Pedantic Web Group
Hi Kingsley,

Yup, go ahead! :)

On Apr 20, 6:00 pm, Kingsley Idehen <kide...@openlinksw.com> wrote:
> On 4/20/11 12:04 PM, pezholio wrote:
>
> > Hi Benedikt,
>
> > Thanks for pointing this out. I've modified the rdf as suggested. The
> > dataset uri is nowhttp://spending.lichfielddc.gov.uk/download#{year}-{month}-{version},
> > which should make more sense.
>
> > Let me know if there's any problems.
>
> So is it okay for me to grab:http://spending.lichfielddc.gov.uk/all.rdf?
>
> Kingsley
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> > Cheers
>
> > Stuart
>
> > On Apr 20, 3:50 pm, Benedikt K mpgen<benedikt.kaemp...@kit.edu>
> >> Benedikt K mpgen
> >> Research Associate
>
> >> Kaiserstra e 12
> >> Building 11.40
> >> 76131 Karlsruhe, Germany
>
> >> Phone: +49 721 608-47946
> >> Fax: +49 721 608-46580
> >> Email: benedikt.kaemp...@kit.edu
> >> Web:http://www.kit.edu/
>
> >> KIT University of the State of Baden-Wuerttemberg and

Kingsley Idehen

unread,
Apr 28, 2011, 8:53:10 AM4/28/11
to pedant...@googlegroups.com
On 4/28/11 6:50 AM, pezholio wrote:
> Hi Kingsley,
>
> Yup, go ahead! :)
>

Please confirm that you've sanity checked the RDF/XML i.e, ensure its
valid.

<qb:dataSet="http://spending.lichfielddc.gov.uk/download#2010-04-v1" />

In there currently.


Kingsley

Kingsley Idehen

unread,
Apr 28, 2011, 8:53:00 AM4/28/11
to pedant...@googlegroups.com
On 4/28/11 6:50 AM, pezholio wrote:
> Hi Kingsley,
>
> Yup, go ahead! :)
>

Please confirm that you've sanity checked the RDF/XML i.e, ensure its
valid.

In their currently.


Kingsley

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages