LEXVO - error in dump

Anja Jentzsch

May 10, 2011, 8:00:26 AM5/10/11
to dem...@mpi-inf.de, pedant...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gerard,

I am happily using LEXVO for a HR data set. Thanks for providing it!

The dump though has an error: You are defining the rdfs:labels with xml:lang and rdf:datatype:
<rdfs:label xml:lang="de" rdf:datatype="xsd:string">Ghotuo</rdfs:label>

Please use only xml:lang.
If importing into a triple store, the language info might get lost and only the info that it is a string is kept (happened for Dydra).

Thanks,
Anja

Richard Cyganiak

May 10, 2011, 10:22:28 AM5/10/11
On 10 May 2011, at 13:00, Anja Jentzsch wrote:
> <rdfs:label xml:lang="de" rdf:datatype="xsd:string">Ghotuo</rdfs:label>

Oh, and rdf:datatype accepts only full URIs, so you can't use xsd:string there anyway, but you'd have to use http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string .

(But as Anja says, in this case the right thing to do is drop the rdf:datatype attribute completely.)

Best,
Richard

Gerard de Melo

May 11, 2011, 6:53:06 PM5/11/11
to Anja Jentzsch, pedant...@googlegroups.com, Richard Cyganiak
Dear Anja, Richard,

> I am happily using LEXVO for a HR data set. Thanks for providing it!
>
> The dump though has an error: You are defining the rdfs:labels with xml:lang and rdf:datatype:
> <rdfs:label xml:lang="de" rdf:datatype="xsd:string">Ghotuo</rdfs:label>
>
> Please use only xml:lang.

Thanks a lot for pointing this out! A new RDF dump is available [1] that
fixes this as well as the issue mentioned by Richard.

Best regards,
Gerard de Melo

[1] http://www.lexvo.org/linkeddata/resources.html

--