Is the wheeled, hardside travel case still available?

metak8

Jun 24, 2024, 12:38:30 PMJun 24
to Pedalers
Pondering flying with folding bike - is the PPTC  wheeled, hardside travel case still available? If yes, what are its interior & exteriors dimensions and how/with whom could I arrange borrowing it? If not, does anyone here know of other options (other than the obvious purchase of a new or used one)?

Bruce A. Johnson

Jun 25, 2024, 7:15:31 PMJun 25
to peda...@googlegroups.com

Et voila!

https://potomacpedalers.org/content.aspx?page_id=22&club_id=495413&module_id=452202

Bruce A. Johnson
Herndon, Virginia
On 24/06/2024 12.38, metak8 wrote:
Pondering flying with folding bike - is the PPTC  wheeled, hardside travel case still available? If yes, what are its interior & exteriors dimensions and how/with whom could I arrange borrowing it? If not, does anyone here know of other options (other than the obvious purchase of a new or used one)? --
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Pedalers" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pedalers/6fb0e40e-d8ab-480e-9b8d-e7889ea3513fn%40googlegroups.com.

Joan Oppel

Jun 25, 2024, 7:15:34 PMJun 25
to metak8, Pedalers
Here's the link to bike box rentals from the PPTC website:

Joan Oppel

Rudi Riet

Jun 28, 2024, 10:38:05 PMJun 28
to metak8, Pedalers
Yup, as others have mentioned the Pedalers have cases available for rental from the club. And we are working on a billing system that will use the club's credit card processing ability and our available tech to create a booking and billing system that's more modern.

We are looking into the possibility of having two tiers of box rentals moving forward: the legacy hard cases and some newer Orucase soft-sided cases that protect just as well and work within baggage guidelines for pretty much all airlines, globally. The Trico and Thule cases the club currently has are great, but they're also tanks that have logistical issues in various ways (e.g. size, weight, inability to store easily once at your destination).

Stay tuned!

Rudi