Sign Petition for Bike Lanes - Broken promises on Connecticut Avenue.

Joyce Gearhart

Apr 18, 2024, 4:10:22 PMApr 18

Hey Joyce,

Today, we planned to send you an email about DC’s E-bike voucher Program and how e-bikes are a game changer for congestion, traffic, and accessibility…but instead, we have to talk about the Connecticut Avenue protected bike lane.

You know. The one that the Mayor has decided to cancel—against the overwhelming support of affected ANCs. The one that, unlike the decision to cancel it, was informed by a lengthy community engagement process. But we’re not done with this fight. Not nearly. And if you’re with us, there are two things you can do right now:

  1. Sign this petition urging Mayor Bowser not to cancel the Connecticut Avenue bike lanes.
  2. Make a monthly gift of $6 to support the fight for Connecticut Avenue and better, protected bike lanes all across the city.

Joyce, Mayor Bowser said herself that the Connecticut Avenue bike lane “meets the needs of our city and moves us closer to a greener DC, a safer DC, and a DC that is less reliant on cars.” But how can DC be a safe, green city if our leaders equivocate on decisions that we all know will keep more people—not just bicyclists, but pedestrians, people with mobility devices, and yes, people who need to use cars to get around too—safe on the roads?

SUPPORT WABA

Joyce, last night over 1000 bicyclists took over Connecticut Avenue in a show of persistent, unconquerable joy, and signed WABA’s petition to save the Connecticut Avenue protected bike lane.But this isn’t just about Connecticut Avenue. It’s about holding our leaders accountable to keeping us safe. We need your monthly gift of $6 so we can stay in this fight for the long haul. Are you with us?

YES!

-Anna

Anna McCormally

Development Director

P.S.: Wanna shout your feelings about Connecticut Avenue and benefit WABA while you do it? Tomorrow, April 19, Reliable Tavern is donating 10% of all happy hour sales to WABA. Come out to 3655 Georgia Ave NW from 5pm-7:30pm tomorrow to talk with WABA staff and other bike-minded folks about what’s next for Connecticut Avenue and the rest of DC’s bike lane network.

Looks like you are not a WABA Member yet. Join today!

Useful information | Things to do | What we fight for

Get our weekly newsletter.

Follow us on social: Facebook | Instagram

Washington Area Bicyclist Association
2599 Ontario Rd. NW, Washington, DC 20009
202.518.0524 | waba.org

Washington Area Bicyclist Association - 2599 Ontario Road NW - Washington, DC 20009
sent to: joyce.g...@mac.com - unsubscribe