Heads up - paving Peachtree Rd next week

Raymond Lopiccolo

Jul 2, 2024, 2:37:07 PM (15 hours ago) Jul 2
to Pedalers pedalers@googlegroups_com
I was out riding today and saw signs posted warning about paving work to begin next week. I spoke to a couple of workers who were doing some preliminary stuff and they said they will be paving the part from Rte 28 to Barnesville Rd. It really needs it. There will be be flagmen and single laning during the work which can be a real PITA for cyclists.

Raymond Lopiccolo

Jul 2, 2024, 5:50:38 PM (12 hours ago) Jul 2
to Carol Linden, Pedalers pedalers@googlegroups_com
The pavement and roadbed seem to be degraded beyond a chip seal repair. But you never know with these guys! I do OK on it now since I am usually riding my gravel bike or e-bike. Both have wider and softer tires than the road bike.