Minutes from Core group meeting 11th Feb. 09

Jim Smith

Feb 24, 2009, 3:22:48 PM2/24/09
to Peasedown Area Transition
Mins from today' meeting: 11/2/09

FEEDBACK
1) virtual orchard: Trees turned out to cost 12-14£ which seems too
much.
Agreed - research accessing cheaper trees for next year as its
becoming too late for this year.
~~Action: Nathan will contact Mark cassidy
Jim will contact the easton project
2) Forum. Jim is researching, in the meantime
~~he will contact Bath group re. piggybacking on their website.
3) Ian Gilcrest, Nathan has contacted him but he is not available
until after April.
4) Food For All project - Nathan has met with Carol and she has met
met with Alan Spiller. Nathan believes allan might rent to PAT if we
has a constitution.
Agreed: we should adapt and adopt a constitution from those on the
internet but not allow this to become a time consuming exercise.
~~Action: Jim will mail to Nathan.

COREGROUP
We need more members as Sam and Neil no longer available. We will
invite interest though newsletter and approach people individually.

FOCUS
We may need to approach Bath for support/advice as we are currently
stretched and could easily lose focus. - an injection of expertise
would be good maybe.
~~Action: Cally will approach Bath; speaker on 24th; communication;
website; general advice.

EVENTS
film event on 24th feb;
~~Actions: Nathan will do publicity including papers and local
transition groups.
~~Sue will do a flyer and print of 15ish to go in local shops inc;
greenstore; biosulis; gp's; dentist; camerton school; shoshcombe pub
etc.
~~Cally will introduce film and collect stuff from Sam.

Skill Share Event: 4th April, 10-12
we need people to do workshops
Wicker - ask Andy
Cleaning products - ask maxine
food - ask Carol
NESA - see what they might do (Logo?) - Cally

invite:
Cam Valley
Allotment people
Plant swop
Carlingcott gardening group

do a raffle.

FUNDS:
approach various local businesses for something to raffle/ funds.
~~Action:
coop - cally
farringtons - Jim
Greenstore - Sue
Biosulis - Nathan
Saffron - Jim

maybe also Radford Mill, Essential at a later date.

~~Action; Nathan will be treasurer and will contact Sam about
accessing the money.

NEWSLETTER;
~~Cally will amend and send out. We need to get one done every month,
we will rotate responsibility for this.

ALLOTMENTS:
Persimmons land - is this a potentially good place for the needed
allotments? Discussed how best to promote this and who best to lead on
this, agreed to encourage and support people who need an allotment to
take this up. Nathan will send contact details to Cally/Jim who will
seek price of purchase of land.

~~At next core group Jim will talk through best approach to managing
mailing list/communications etc.

Sue Hawkey

Feb 26, 2009, 4:10:53 AM2/26/09
to peasedown-ar...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for minutes and website!
Do we have a date for next core group?
The woman who is doing straw buildings came to say she didnt want her
info to go out after all!
Sue
suehawkey.vcf