Holding tank vent 10M?

Al Taylor

Jun 6, 2024, 10:45:16 AMJun 6
to pearso...@googlegroups.com
The PO installed a 20 gallon holding tank under the v berth. Lately every time I flush I get a strong odor from the holding tank. Looks like the vent is just a straight pipe off the top of the tank forward into the forepeak. I can’t find an external vent outlet anywhere on the bow I was wondering if I’m missing it and the straight pipe just got knocked off the vent.
Does anyone have a similar setup with a vent outlet in the bow?

Stephen Craft

Jun 6, 2024, 11:08:06 AMJun 6
to pearso...@googlegroups.com
As far as I know, my 10M holding tank has not been modified, other than me replacing the lines.
My vent is far forward top side of the hull.
If the holding tank becomes overfilled, the waste water will spill overboard.
(but then the vent screen will become clogged)

On Thu, Jun 6, 2024 at 10:45 AM Al Taylor <awtayl...@gmail.com> wrote:
The PO installed a 20 gallon holding tank under the v berth. Lately every time I flush I get a strong odor from the holding tank. Looks like the vent is just a straight pipe off the top of the tank forward into the forepeak. I can’t find an external vent outlet anywhere on the bow  I was wondering if I’m missing it and the straight pipe just got knocked off the vent.
Does anyone have a similar setup with a vent outlet in the bow?

                    |._
                    |._(     Stephen Craft
         <|.__..-'|.
          ,|      .|)\        (617) 645-3650
        / .|)     .|)   \     Pearson 10M  "Cool Change"