1980's gelcoat color

Alptraveler

Jun 27, 2022, 1:24:42 PM6/27/22
to pearso...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone know the almond'ish/ off white/cream gelcoat color by name or number? Same with a name/color # for the slightly darker cream non-skid. I am just curious in case I ever need to fix a ding. Someone did a repair on my old O'Day and it stuck out like a sore thumb, I would like to avoid that.

Nathan Harper

Jun 27, 2022, 1:30:48 PM6/27/22
to pearso...@googlegroups.com
I heard it was called French White.

Jun 27, 2022, 1:37:23 PM6/27/22
to pearso...@googlegroups.com

I painted the fake teak bulkheads in Skylark a 1973 P36-1 with a color called RAL 1015 Light Ivory and damn if it didn't match the original gelcoat of the overhead perfectly.

George/Skylark

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pearson-boats/CY4PR02MB3383E7122046CADA6AC7CE5BA4B99%40CY4PR02MB3383.namprd02.prod.outlook.com.
--
George DuBose
Wiedstrasse 16

Video interview on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcOxW65Xe10&feature=youtu.be

Personal website:
http://www.george-dubose.com

Galleries:
www.rockpaperphoto.com/george-dubose
http://www.modernrocksgallery.com/george-dubose-photographer
http://www.houseofroulx.com/collections/george-dubose

Short video of Skylark's vacation:
https://vimeo.com/133183259
Password: SkylarkNY

S/V Skylark
Compagnieshaven
Enkhuizen, NL

George DuBose

Jun 27, 2022, 1:38:37 PM6/27/22
to pearso...@googlegroups.com

Here is an RAL color chart link   https://www.grainandframe.com/ral-colours/

Alptraveler

Jun 27, 2022, 1:43:40 PM6/27/22
to pearso...@googlegroups.com
What about the color of the stain they used for e'thing interior? Cabinets,ladder,handrails, table,etc?
My table may need a touch up tho I may leave that for the pros since I don't have that kind of patience or desire.

Alptraveler

Jun 27, 2022, 1:47:21 PM6/27/22
to pearso...@googlegroups.com
Why RAL, do you just like their product or is that the original company?  Just curious....
Most other boats actually list their color but not Pearson.

Nathan Harper

Jun 27, 2022, 1:57:28 PM6/27/22
to pearso...@googlegroups.com
I'm currently restoring the teak inside my boat as the previous owner managed to sink it. Attached are pics of teak that has been cleaned, sanded and brightened, and a pic of the teak after being oiled and installed in the boat. No stain, just teak oil.  I used Star Brite Premium Teak Care Kit from West Marine.
Sent: Monday, June 27, 2022 1:43:28 PM
To: pearso...@googlegroups.com <pearso...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [pearson ] Re: 1980's gelcoat color

20220627_135219.jpg
20220627_135342.jpg

George DuBose

Jun 27, 2022, 2:16:53 PM6/27/22
to pearso...@googlegroups.com

RAL is just a color guide for shops that mix specific colors. RAL is NOT a brand. You can get one or two component paints in those RAL colors.

Alptraveler

Jun 27, 2022, 2:43:52 PM6/27/22
to pearso...@googlegroups.com
I am pretty sure mine has more than oil on it, it has a shiny finish,like a top coat of varnish.
 Your project looks fabulous!!

Nathan Harper

Jun 27, 2022, 5:18:32 PM6/27/22
to pearso...@googlegroups.com