Tower Arches for Pearson 365

SV Wind Sloth

Jun 23, 2022, 1:12:37 PM6/23/22
to pearson-boats
Has anyone installed an Arch for the Radar, Solar panels and Dinghy davits on a Pearson 365?
I have the ketch, looking at options for arches. After seeing what the Youtube channel "Spoondrifter" added to there Morgan 462, I researched FishonSports.com looking at the Sr. Admiral Arch (https://fishonsports.com/110.html). Looks quite solid but like to know if anyone added any of their products or used something different.

Any ideas or photos and links will be appreciated.

SV Wind Sloth
Sailing into retirement aboard “Wind Sloth” @ 0.12 kts Maximum, when threatened #pearson365 #pearsonyachts #pearson365ketch #pearson #saillife #traffficjam 🇿🇦🇺🇸⛵️😷

Ricky Tapper

Jun 23, 2022, 2:03:22 PM6/23/22
to pearson-boats
I have a Pearson 419 Ketch and I would like to know the same thing. The arch would have to extend back and above the mizzen boom to avoid the backstays and the mizzen sail when it is up.

Jeff Griglack

Jun 23, 2022, 2:30:54 PM6/23/22
to pearso...@googlegroups.com
I have not seen one, but I would be interested in something like this.  I have seen people mount solar panels on the dinghy davits.  I have thought about installing a bimini behind the mizzen mast to hold the solar panels (and for shade), but I would have to raise the boom to do this.

If I were to install an arch, as described, I don't think I would put a radar antenna there because it would cause shadowing on the solar panels.  I would still put it on the main or the mizzen where it is out of the way.
| Jeff Griglack             "Jabberwocky" P-365 #269
| "Don't take life so serious, son, it ain't nohow permanent"
|                   - Walt Kelly
| 'Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, "In this
| world, Elwood, you must be" – she always called me Elwood –
| "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
| Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me.'
|               —James Stewart as Elwood P. Dowd

SV Wind Sloth

Jun 23, 2022, 2:32:27 PM6/23/22
to pearson-boats
That is why this one is so appealing, but maybe there is others. Have a look at the website link and then go through teh photos. There is a Cat and two monohulls where this one is installed. It is why above the bimini (which was one of my concerns) and all well aft so the boom and backstays will clear.