Portland Wiki to host with Canvas Dreams?

Dave Myers

Jun 30, 2011, 4:31:14 PM6/30/11
to pdx...@googlegroups.com
from Dave Myers - Open Forest Consortium (no-spam-please)@gmail.com
to david.(no-spam-please)@canvasdreams.com
cc pdxwiki group <nor...@googlegroups.com>
date Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 1:23 PM
subject Portland Wiki to host with Canvas Dreams?

Hi David,

I'm a volunteer admin for PortlandWiki.org, a civic wiki serving the Portland community. Mark Dilley, another volunteer administrator, suggested we approach Canvas Dreams about an opportunity to host with your company. Shelly with your company suggested we talk with you.

We're a grassroots volunteer organization with no budget. Perhaps we can offer a "hosted by Canvas Dreams" button or small banner in exchange for hosting with you.

DreamHost is our current provider. The host space is donated by a PortlandWiki volunteer. There's no pressure to move from our space at DreamHost. Instead our motivation is to host with a local provider and find a creative way to make the exchange equitable.

I look forward to your response!

Kind regards,

-dave myers

Teresa Boze

Jun 30, 2011, 4:37:04 PM6/30/11
to pdx...@googlegroups.com
Well said, Dave!

Best,

Teresa

Concept | Connections, NW

503. 664.4896 twitter: @PDXsays

"Hacker: Any person who derives joy from discovering ways to circumvent limitations." Robert Bickford

--
http://PDX.Wiki.org

Dave Myers

Jun 30, 2011, 4:47:37 PM6/30/11
to pdx...@googlegroups.com
FYI

from David Anderson (no-spam-please)@canvasdreams.com
to Dave Myers - Open Forest Consortium <(no-spam-please)@gmail.com>
cc pdxwiki group <nor...@googlegroups.com>,
Buschel Shelly <(no-spam-please)@canvasdreams.com>
date Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 1:33 PM
subject Re: Portland Wiki to host with Canvas Dreams?

Hi Dave,

We'd be delighted to host you! Please let us know a good time to chat, or come by our office at the Pittock Block.

Thank you,

David Anderson

Canvas Dreams, LLC
800.574.4299 Toll Free
503.914.1118 Portland Metro

from Dave Myers - Open Forest Consortium (no-spam-please)@gmail.com
to David Anderson <(no-spam-please)@canvasdreams.com>
cc Buschel Shelly <(no-spam-please)@canvasdreams.com>
date Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 1:40 PM
subject Re: Portland Wiki to host with Canvas Dreams?

David,

Thank you!

I'll contact the other PortlandWiki admins to find out who is interested in taking part in the discussion.

My guess is we're looking at next week after the 4th. Are there any particular times / days that work best for you?

Thanks again,

-dave myers

PS: Sorry for the bounce on the cc to our Google Groups address. Someone must have switched our account's email to "no reply" and I failed to notice...

Mark Dilley

Jun 30, 2011, 5:00:54 PM6/30/11
to pdx...@googlegroups.com
Rocking!!