The future of this mailing list

Kotra D

Nov 16, 2011, 8:16:10 PM11/16/11
to PortlandWikiWednesday
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone would mind us moving PortlandWiki-related announcements to the PortlandWiki mailing list ( portla...@googlegroups.com ), including anything about the weekly meetings, which have gradually become more about PortlandWiki than anything else. That would leave this mailing list nearly inactive, save for the occasional wiki-related posting or announcement. Are there any concerns or objections?

kotra

kotra

Nov 21, 2011, 7:38:46 PM11/21/11
to PortlandWikiWednesday
There were no objections raised, so I went ahead and posted this
week's PortlandWiki events on the PortlandWiki mailing list, instead
of here: http://groups.google.com/group/portlandwiki/browse_thread/thread/f0d033302703a2f1

This might be the last post in this mailing list about PortlandWiki
meetups like the Monday Meets and WikiWednesdays, so please subscribe
to the PortlandWiki mailing list if you want to stay informed or a
part of that ongoing discussion!

I would also like to say that a broader, wiki-focused WikiWednesday
(either once a month as it was originally, or every week as it
became), is and always has been a fabulous idea, and deserves to
exist. The simple truth is that the people showing up to
WikiWednesdays had gradually shifted towards solely PortlandWiki
discussion and work (through no conscious effort). I'm convinced that
a monthly or weekly WikiWednesday meetup with a broader, wiki-oriented
theme can once again thrive in Portland, if organized by someone who
knows what they're doing (not me). I hope someone (maybe someone on
this list) takes that ball and runs with it. I, for one, would attend.

kotra