Calling All Wiki Geeks – Occupy Portland “Discovers” PortlandWiki.org!

1 view

Dave Myers

Oct 3, 2011, 4:23:17 PM10/3/11
to pdx...@googlegroups.com

Hi All,

Occupy Portland (http://occupyportland.org/) is a grassroots movement aligned with the Occupy Wall Street movement in New York City. The Occupy Wall Street protest began in mid-September, and Occupy Portland plans to launch their’s this Thursday (October 6th) at Waterfront Park. Similar protests are springing up all over the country, and all over the globe.

Since Friday, a number of Occupy Portland’s organizers have relied on PortlandWiki to collaborate, craft messages and disseminate information. This is EXACTLY what community wikis are for!

What does this mean to you? PortlandWiki administrators urgently request your help. With a lot of newbies flooding into PortlandWiki, we need help with monitoring wiki use, template creation, “hand-holding” new users, improving PortlandWiki’s user interface, etc.

We have a unique, once in a lifetime chance to demonstrate all of the great strengths wikis offer for collaborative knowledge building, and with connecting people in the community. Let’s don’t miss this opportunity!

Can you help? If so, please connect with us at either or both of our two wiki meetups this week, on Monday and Wednesday. Each meetup begins at 6:30 p.m.

Both meetups happen at the MEZZ Coffee Shop on NW 12th Ave & West Burnside (on the upstairs mezzanine inside the Whole Foods Market). You can also drop us a line at PortlandWiki -AT- Gmail.com.

Thanks!

-dave myers

Travis Apollonius

Oct 3, 2011, 5:00:41 PM10/3/11
to pdx...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Dave. We are living on the edge of a new era.

Travis

Sent from my iPod
--
http://PDX.Wiki.org