Council Consideration Portland’s Broadband Strategic Plan: Connecting to our Future

pdxsays

Sep 12, 2011, 7:25:56 PM9/12/11
to PortlandWikiWednesday
Dear Broadband Enthusiast,

Our big day is coming up. Portland City Council will consider adoption
of Connecting to our Future: Portland's Broadband Strategic Plan
www.portlandonline.com/cable on September 14 @ 2:00 pm. The Plan
provides a long-term strategic vision for the role of Broadband
infrastructure, devices and services in Portland’s future economy,
livability and sustainability.

If you are interested in testifying there will be a sign up sheet
outside Council Chambers just prior to the session. Presenters are
asked to prepare remarks of 3 minutes or less. Please confirm your
attendance and whether you plan to testify by responding to this
email. If you have any questions please contact me. Thanks!

Connecting to our Future: Portland's Broadband Strategic Plan
September 14 @ 2:00 pm
Portland City Hall – Council Chambers
1221 SW 4th Avenue

Mary Beth Henry marybet...@portlandoregon.gov
Office of Cable Communications and
Franchise Management (www.portlandonline.com/cable)
Mt. Hood Cable Regulatory Commission (www.mhcrc.org)
Immediate Past President, NATOA (www.natoa.org)
1120 SW 5th Avenue
Portland, Oregon 97204

503 823 5414 landline
503 449 7281 mobile
503 823 5370 fax
@ 2:00 pm Council Chambers
A G E N D A
Introduction Commissioner Saltzman
Overview Brendan Finn
Plan Elements Mary Beth Henry

Representatives of Workgroups:
Digital Inclusion Kayse Jama, Executive Director, Center for
Intercultural Organizing
Economic
Development Skip Newberry, Mayor’s Office
Education & Miles Ellenby, Director of Pediatric Telemedicine, OHSU
Health Leslie Riester, CIO, Portland Community College
Industry Representatives:
Mark Farrar, Comcast
Chris Denzin, CenturyLink
Tom Casey, Integra Telecom