Next meeting: April 5

AdamD

Mar 15, 2006, 2:29:54 PM3/15/06
to PdxWebInnovators
How's a meeting Wednesday, April 5 sound? We'll have a demo of LadyBug
(right Ray/Kandace?) and hopefully some more beer. 7-9p seemed to work
well, though I think we're working on tinkering with the location.

All types of comments encouraged, of course.

Raymond

Mar 24, 2006, 10:42:45 AM3/24/06
to PdxWebInnovators
That sounds fine to us. We'll show how it all works, and if we have
time I'd love to talk just a bit about the Rails framework for Web 2.0
style development or just answer questions or whatever.

Would definitely be nice to get a projector or something going. Would
also be nice to meet in a quieter space someday, maybe we can someday
podcast the talks.

Jacob

Mar 24, 2006, 1:56:46 PM3/24/06
to PdxWebInnovators
Marcus has offered up his place for us to utilize - you can see
pictures at lessdistracted.com - still trying to nail down the
projector aspect. Should give us a quieter space where we can mingle a
bit easier. I'm definitely down for hearing about rails and your dev
methods, as well as peek under the hood at Ladybug.

Raymond

Mar 26, 2006, 1:01:48 PM3/26/06
to PdxWebInnovators
Yeah, that would be a great location I think.

AdamD

Mar 27, 2006, 1:08:50 PM3/27/06
to PdxWebInnovators
The address is 2127 N. Albina Ave., any suite number?

Sounds like a great spot.

Ryan W

Mar 28, 2006, 12:02:35 AM3/28/06
to PdxWebInnovators
I agree, looks like a great place. Anybody have access to a projector?
I may be able to come up with one, but if someone has one handy that
would be much simpler.

What's the layout like as far as chairs/seating goes? Also, does
anybody have a particular feeling about food and/or drink? As we grow,
it may work to get a sponsor or two to take care of that part, but for
this meeting, in a new (non-restaurant) place, I'd be interested in
thoughts either way.

Ryan W

Mar 29, 2006, 10:59:57 AM3/29/06
to PdxWebInnovators
Upcoming.org event has been created:
http://upcoming.org/event/66780/

Please note if you'll be coming, so we can get a good idea of the
numbers.

Also, you can subscribe to the groups's events from this page:
http://upcoming.org/group/1423/

Raymond

Apr 5, 2006, 1:38:13 PM4/5/06
to PdxWebInnovators
Yeah, drink... we have to have drink! I mean, I have to talk to a large
group, presumably. Can't do that without a drink, okay? I JUST CAN'T.

But seriously folks. Is drinking allowed there? Should we just bring
wine or maybe beer?

Ryan W

Apr 5, 2006, 5:52:16 PM4/5/06
to PdxWebInnovators
I think it's ok to go ahead that everybody brings something. They've
had parties there before. We just have to be respectful and do a good
job of cleaning up after ourselves. It wouldn't hurt to bring your own
chair too.

Nobody ever accused us of being organized :-). We'll get there. Adam
did get a projector though (Thanks Adam). If for some reason the place
doesn't work out tonight, the backup plan can be to head to the Rose
and Raindrop again. It's not too far I don't think.