PDXScala Meeting Tuesday, April 21st, 6:30PM @ Urban Airship

Thomas Lockney

Apr 9, 2015, 1:41:30 PM4/9/15
to pdxscala
Hey folks! It’s time again for our monthly meeting. Whether you’re a newcomer to Scala or an experienced expert, we’d love to have you join us. We've got two great talks lined up this month and you won't want to miss either of these. Both speakers will be previewing their Lambda Conf talks. First up, we'll have our own Rob Norris talking about the implementation of his library Doobie which provides a pure functional JDBC layer for Scala.

We're also very lucky to have Paul Phillips joining us to talk about Suffuse. Suffuse is a system for writing filesystems in scala, built on top of native FUSE. The goal is that it be no more difficult to create a new filesystem than to create a new file. Subject matter will include the project's motivation, state, and opportunities for participation. He'll also talk about principles of API design in the Suffuse context.

We look forward to seeing you all there!

Location details can be found on our Meetup page @ http://www.meetup.com/PDXScala/events/221103540/

Thomas Lockney

Apr 18, 2015, 12:45:09 PM4/18/15
to pdxscala
Hi everyone! Just wanted to remind you all that this meeting is taking place Tuesday night. We look forward to seeing you all there. Also, we're still looking for a sponsor to cover the cost of pizza, so if you're company might be interested in helping out, let me know!

russell zauner

Apr 18, 2015, 2:36:12 PM4/18/15
to pdxs...@googlegroups.com

Are there any good representative examples of functional programming theory instantiated mechanically?  Like things one can actually touch, operate, and observe?   It would help my understanding, I'm a disproportionately tactile learner.