Fwd: [pdxfunc] Expand your Knowledge with The Erlang Games

Thomas Lockney

Jan 7, 2015, 3:31:11 PM1/7/15
to pdxscala
Forwarding this along, in case this is of interest to any of you. There's a lot of good stuff to be learned from the Erlang world and Casey's a sharp guy, so... this should be interesting.

On a somewhat tangential note (but related by nearness of date), if you haven't already seen via the Meetup notification, we've decided to cancel the January meeting of PDXScala. The are a few reasons why, but in part (and somewhat making up for it), we've got a tech talk going on out here at Nike (where I work) that will be of interest to many of you. The talks will be on the 22nd which won't conflict, but it's close enough that I couldn't make it to both. I'll send out more details in the next few days, but note that one of the speakers will be Dean Wampler, the big data guy at Typesafe and author of O'Reilly's Programming Scala. He'll be talking about Spark, but like I said, I'll have more specific info to share in a few days.

~thomas