PDXScala Meeting, Tuesday Feb 17, 6:30PM @ UrbanAirship

Dave Rostron

Feb 10, 2015, 6:34:16 PM2/10/15
to pdxs...@googlegroups.com
Hello Scala friends! It’s time again for our monthly meeting. Whether you’re a newcomer to Scala or an experienced expert, we’d love to have you join us. This month Rob Norris will give us a quick overview of "Nil, Null, null, Nothing, None, NaN". It is the first in a series of beginner focused talks planned over the next months. Rob will also provide us with an update on the new cats project, a functional programming abstractions library. Dave Rostron will follow with an overview of his recent explorations using shapeless to represent N-Dimensional Generic RTrees. Don't miss this special meeting where we unveil the PDXScala discounts for ScalaDays and LambdaConf . Hope to see you there!

---

For more details on this months meeting, please see the Meetup page: http://www.meetup.com/PDXScala/events/218959990/

Dave Rostron

Feb 18, 2015, 2:06:36 AM2/18/15
to pdxs...@googlegroups.com

Dave Rostron

Feb 18, 2015, 1:16:59 PM2/18/15
to pdxs...@googlegroups.com, Donato Perconti, Ivy Lin
Great meeting last night everyone! Thanks to our new hosts and sponsors at Urban Airship, Donato and Ivy. Thanks to Janrain for sponsoring our refreshments. We'll send out further info on the beginner series that we mentioned last night soon. Looking forward to seeing everyone again next month!

Robert Norris

Feb 19, 2015, 4:14:24 AM2/19/15
to pdxs...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

If you have suggestions or requests for beginner topics, please add a comment to this gist (or respond to this email or to me directly) and I'll incorporate your ideas.

Also, if you are interested in presenting a beginner talk please get in touch with me or Thomas or Dave and we will make it happen. This is a great way to contribute to the user group and a great way to get started speaking if you have never done it before.

Thanks!

rob