Upcoming talks (from you!)

Thomas Lockney

Mar 31, 2015, 5:50:05 PM3/31/15
to pdxscala
Hey folks, today is apparently my day to send you a bunch of pdxscala emails... here's the next one!

So, we want to line up speakers for upcoming meetings. Ideally, we'd get a variety of you interested in talking about something. It could be something you've found that you think is interesting and which you would like to share with others; a project you'd like to share with the group; or perhaps the successes (and failures!) of an attempt to use Scala for some work task. We specifically want to encourage people who are not necessarily "repeat" offenders in the public speaking arena. In particular, we'd like to encourage newcomers and beginners to participate. This group is very much focused on providing a non-hostile, welcoming environment for everyone and this is your chance to take advantage of that!

If you're looking for ideas, Rob (tpolecat) has put together some thoughts including a list of both short-form (~15 mins) and long-form (>45 mins) suggestions. You're encouraged to lean heavily on that list if you're interested in trying out this "get up in front of an audience" thing.

Please feel free to reply either to the list or directly to me (tho...@lockney.net -- again, like the pizza email, please also CC yas...@gmail.com & rob_n...@mac.com) if you prefer to keep it quiet or get feedback before committing to something.

Thanks!

~thomas

Robert Norris

Mar 31, 2015, 5:51:59 PM3/31/15
to pdxs...@googlegroups.com

Thomas Lockney

Mar 31, 2015, 6:02:10 PM3/31/15
to pdxscala
Ugh. Sorry, that's what I get for trying to write emails during meetings.