ePDX.rb! Virtual Cyber iRuby iTuesday Meeting!

Jonan Scheffler

Apr 1, 2020, 7:53:21 PM4/1/20
to Portland Ruby Brigade
Hey everyone! PDX Ruby Tuesday for 4/7 is going virtual! We have cancelled the in-person event but we have decided to host a panel discussion over Zoom on how to effectively work from home (working remotely). We will start at the usual time (6pm) with brief social time that may include experimenting with breakout rooms or long scotch-fueled monologues from Jonan.

After that, we will hear from 4 experienced engineers who have been working remotely on helpful tips, advice, and we will then open for a Q&A session.

So bring your questions and we will have a fun discussion on how to be an awesome remote Ruby engineer!

You should RSVP on Meetup so we can track attendance with a more efficient method than "Jonan counts heads and keeps forgetting where he started".

Zoom: https://zoom.us/j/121841446?pwd=b095UDVIcW15cmUxa2VkZ2FNVlpPZz09

Bring your favorite immune boosting food/drink, stay healthy, wash your hands, and keep physical distance!

Looking forward to seeing your beautiful, smiling faces.

Panelists:
Dustin Brown (@dustinbrownman):
Sr. Software Engineer, New Relic

Makoto Furuya (@makotonium):
Staff Software Engineer, Lifesprk

Jonan Scheffler (@thejonanshow):
Developer Advocate, Timescale

Davy Stevenson (@davystevenson):
Sr Director of Application Engineering, Fastly

Special thank you to Makoto for forcing me to keep the band together virtually when I was feeling apocalyptic. I intend to keep the music playing all the way down and I'm thankful to have the chance to do it with all of you fine people.

(Oh look! They're hiring! https://www.planetargon.com/careers)

❤️