[JOB] Fighting for Asylum and Migrant Justice with Ruby!!

Christopher Kuttruff

Apr 29, 2020, 5:30:57 PM4/29/20
to pdxruby
Hey Portland Rubyists!

Our organization, Innovation Law Lab, is now hiring a new engineer for our team.  We are a fierce group of lawyers, program coordinators, and software engineers devoted to migrant justice. We fight to get people out of detention, wage battles in court against horrendous immigration policy, and we create programs and technology to manage cases, provide safe document storage and access at the border, and we are currently creating an application to get $10 million in state funding into the hands of undocumented workers abandoned by federal relief legislation.

We have been deeply involved in some of the most critical litigation in the era of Trump (and before during the Obama administration's mass deportations).  East Bay Sanctuary Covenant v. Trump; Innovation Law Lab v. McAleenan; etc.  From fighting remain in Mexico to various asylum bans, Innovation Law Lab is at the front lines of litigation against the US immigration detention / deportation machine.  We have also created a mass defense framework (mass collaborative representation) to be able to have attorney represent large groups of detainees by combining legal representation with technology and community organizing-based volunteer resources.

We manage a plethora of critical systems to provide safe access to asylum documents, to help legal observers document an analyze immigration court proceedings, automate tasks for lawyers and community groups, and we collaborate with a huge network of partners across the country.

In short we're looking for an experienced candidate with deep knowledge of Ruby, systems administration, devops, relational databases, etc.  We are also a diverse team and deeply value the strength that brings to our collective experience and analysis.

Please email me with any questions you might have, but otherwise, please review the job description and send your résumé / cover letter to jo...@innovationlawlab.org

So looking forward to hearing from y'all and finding a new member for our incredible team!

Solidarity,
- Christopher Kuttruff