[JOB] Senior Ruby Developer - Remote

Angela Tan

Feb 2, 2021, 11:27:46 PM2/2/21
to pdxruby
Hello Ruby Developers,

The New Relic Ruby Agent team is looking for one more developer to complete our team.  It's a fantastic team!  We are a small and close-knit team who helps each other solve complex problems.

We auto-instrument popular Ruby gems to gather performance data. You'll go deep into popular Ruby gems, discovering how they're implemented and figuring out how to hook our instrumentation code into them.

You will totally up your Ruby meta-programming skills here. Write robust, efficient Ruby and prove it with corresponding performance benchmarks and awesome unit tests.

Customers run our code in their production systems and run lean, mean, and anywhere our customers deploy their apps. You're tasked with building code that is crash-proof while keeping our footprint as light as possible.

Team Traits
  • Accountability: We never say something is “not our problem”. If it’s our customer’s problem, it is our problem, too. We never drop the ball.
  • Attention to detail: We do excellent work every time, and help each other strive for this excellence.
  • Strong Communication: Being an autonomous team in a larger organization, with all teams working well together, requires strong communication. We write proposals, specs, and retrospectives. We give talks, and we demo the work we are doing.
  • “Second Job”: Our “first job” is the job we were hired for (all of the above). Our “second job” is helping those around us to succeed at their jobs. Balancing first and second jobs make us smarter, more effective, and happier.
Your Qualifications

Must-have:

  • 5+ years experience building and supporting Ruby applications in a full-stack capacity
  • Expertise with Ruby, Ruby on Rails, or any other Ruby-based framework.
  • Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
  • Experience with unit tests and integration tests
  • Some level of experience with databases
If you have questions, write to me ange...@newrelic.com or apply directly at JobVite