Lunch talk, beginner's coding night

Michael Kaiser-Nyman

Apr 15, 2014, 12:39:21 PM4/15/14
to pdxruby, pdxruby-...@googlegroups.com
Tomorrow from 12:30-1:30pm, Katherine Wu of New Relic will be giving a
talk at Epicodus titled "How to be a better junior developer". All are
welcome to attend!

We're at 208 SW 5th Ave; enter and turn right.

Details at http://calagator.org/events/1250466024.

------------------

Starting tomorrow night, every Wednesday from 6-8pm, Epicodus will be
opening its office to beginner coders who want guidance about how to
start learning to code, help with particular coding problems, or just
a place to work for a couple hours with other beginners.

(This is in addition to Hack + Help, which will continue to run 2nd
Tuesdays at Epicodus and 4th Tuesdays at Portland Code School.)

Details at http://calagator.org/events/1250466024.

Liz Savage

Apr 16, 2014, 5:33:27 PM4/16/14
to pdxruby-...@googlegroups.com, pdxruby
Eff, I wish I'd seen this earlier! Don't suppose it was recorded at all?
Super awesome news about the Weds nights at Epicodus as well, I'll make plans to attend next week! Thanks Michael :)

Michael Kaiser-Nyman

Apr 16, 2014, 5:48:07 PM4/16/14
to Liz Savage, pdxruby-...@googlegroups.com, pdxruby
Sorry, no recording! KWu promises a blog post version; maybe she can
email it to the list when it's ready.

Katherine Wu

Apr 16, 2014, 6:56:35 PM4/16/14
to Michael Kaiser-Nyman, Liz Savage, pdxruby-...@googlegroups.com, pdxruby
Yes, I'm writing a blog post for the New Relic blog that'll go out next week when I give this talk at RailsConf (where it will be recorded) and will definitely be tweeting out links to the slides and such afterwards (I'm @kwugirl there too). I'll update this thread when those are up.

Katherine Wu

May 28, 2014, 9:37:34 PM5/28/14
to Michael Kaiser-Nyman, Liz Savage, pdxruby-...@googlegroups.com, pdxruby