Some folks are starting up a Girl Develop It chapter in Portland, and there's a launch party next Thursday. I thought I'd pass along the details for people on these lists that might be interested in getting involved or have friends/family that are interested into getting into web development (they're currently planning for their first few classes to be along the lines of intro to HTML/CSS/JS).
9 SE 3rd Ave, Suite 220, Portland, OR
Come and join us for:
• Drinks and Light Snacks
• Up-to-the-minute information on upcoming events and classes
• Meet our co-founders Diana Laboy-Rush and Kathryn Stoddard
• A chance to meet our instructor, who will be teaching GDI Portland's first "Introduction to WebConcepts" class in September
• Sign up for a future event and provide input for future classes
• The opportunity to mix and mingle with other women* interested in technology and local developers
*I'm told that GDI isn't just restricted to women, even if that is the main target audience. And they're always looking for helpful and reliable TAs and instructors!