Learn RUBY PDX: Hello World! meetup, Jan. 22nd

Gina Acharjya

Jan 7, 2015, 3:50:45 PM1/7/15
to pdxruby-...@googlegroups.com

Learn RUBY is a group of people interested in developing our Ruby skills. Whether it is to ramp up to eventually using rails, web design, or for automation; we are following a half hour a weekday module system that currently combines Treehouse, Git use and Chris Pine's "Learn to program." We will meet physically once every other week, but should have an online forum for questions and a combined github for collaboration on lessons and projects. The coursework we are following will be timed so that people with jobs, children and other pressing life can follow along.

This and future events can be seen here:

http://www.meetup.com/Learn-RUBY-PDX/

This first meetup is mostly for people who have programmed little or no Ruby before
and aren't proficient in another programming language. As we get going we will do more advanced projects. We encourage people at more advanced levels to come and get experience code reviewing and collaboration.