Re: [pdxruby-beginners] Digest for pdxruby-beginners@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic

Josh Gold

Jul 22, 2014, 4:45:36 PM7/22/14
to pdxruby-...@googlegroups.com
What is Calagator?

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 1:16 AM, <pdxruby-...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/pdxruby-beginners/topics

    Shawna Scott <shawn...@gmail.com> Jul 21 05:55PM -0700

    Reid posted this to pdx-tech-calendar, but I thought the Rubyists might
    want to know about it directly. Sorry if you get this twice. Come
    contribute to an open source Portland Ruby project!

    -Shawna

    -------------------------

    We're holding a Calagator Code Sprint on Saturday, July 26! You can find
    the details at: http://calagator.org/events/1250466635

    We'll be meeting from 1–5pm at Portland Code School to talk about the state
    of the project, review issues, and write some code. There's been an upswing
    in Calagator development in the last few months, with a bunch of new
    contributors jumping in that we'd love to get to know a bit more. :)

    Some folks have been discussing this over on the calagator-development list
    <http://groups.google.com/group/calagator-development>, but I wanted to
    make sure that anyone who was only following the GitHub issues also found
    out about it. If you're following issues here and want to keep up with
    low-traffic discussion about the project, I recommend joining that list.

    Some possible topics include:

    - What were our goals when Calagator started? What does the Portland
    community need now?
    - How can we make Calagator's UI friendly, responsive, and modern. I'm
    updating some mockups of my ideas and would welcome discussion and ideas.
    - Some very-useful enhancements exist in divergent forks of Calagator.
    How can we best integrate these changes?
    - How do we make Calagator easy to customize while also keeping things
    as easy as possible for new contributors?
    - What is the current state of the knowledge that a new contributor is
    likely to have when approaching the project.

    I hope you can join us!

Michael Kaiser-Nyman

Jul 22, 2014, 4:46:56 PM7/22/14
to pdxruby-...@googlegroups.com
calagator.org

Sam Livingston-Gray

Jul 22, 2014, 4:47:11 PM7/22/14
to pdxruby-...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 1:42 PM, Josh Gold <joshu...@gmail.com> wrote:
What is Calagator?

The name is short for "calendar aggregator", and is (as far as I know) the shared calendar of record for Portland tech events.