Changes in PDXPHP starting this month

Sam Keen

Aug 3, 2012, 12:35:53 PM8/3/12
to pdx...@googlegroups.com
This month will bring in a change for the group.  It's been my pleasure to lead the group for the last ... 9ish years but this month I'll be handing the reins over to AppFog [https://www.appfog.com/], namely Luc at AppFog.

I'm by no means disappearing from the group. You will see me at meetings and even contributing talks on topics from time to time.

I'm excited about the future of the group.  AppFog will be an excellent host for the group and I know will help to foster the PHP community of PDX.

Look for the next meeting post soon, (it will be same day and time but new venue) on pdxphp.org (will be announced on this list also)

ending my reign of terror,
see you at the next meeting,

sam keen

Grant Kruger

Aug 3, 2012, 12:51:05 PM8/3/12
to pdx...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for all you have done, Sam. 9 years of running the group represents a tremendous amount of time, effort and energy. Few hang in there anywhere near that long. You rock!

Thanks again.

Sala kahle,
Grant

Seth Shikora

Aug 3, 2012, 1:36:37 PM8/3/12
to pdx...@googlegroups.com
Ditto. You are a great asset to the tech community in Portland and I appreciate all the hard work you have and will put into making the community in Portland what it is.

Thanks Sam,

Seth

Luc Perkins

Aug 7, 2012, 4:56:48 PM8/7/12
to pdx...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the intro, Sam, and thanks for all of your wonderful work!

I'm Luc Perkins, developer evangelist at AppFog/PHP Fog, and I'll be taking the reins of the group and doing a lot of the organizational heavy lifting. I don't have a terribly extensive background in PHP, but I've written about it a bunch (like this article, which set off a pretty epic Hacker News debate) and I valiantly defend it to this day in a variety of settings. I'm really looking forward to meeting all of you and learning a ton.

If any of you are interested in presenting at any of the upcoming meet-ups, please let me know.

I hope to see you all on Tuesday! Remember: 319 SW Washington, Suite 700 (just take the elevator to the 7th floor). 6:30 pm. Pizza and beer.

All the best,

Luc