ANN: Possible Mini Kanren Conf?

Alex Miller

Dec 31, 2012, 9:35:54 AM12/31/12
to pdx...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

We are considering putting together a logic programming Mini Kanren Conf colocated with Clojure/West (Portland, Mar 18-20). This would be a 3-4 hr event, probably in the $25-100 range and hopefully including some of the Reasoned Schemer authors as well as other Kanren users/implementors or logic programmers. If you'd like to give me some feedback to help assess viability, please check out this feedback survey (feel free to share it!):  https://docs.google.com/a/thestrangeloop.com/spreadsheet/viewform?fromEmail=true&formkey=dFpMb0dEcWlxQ1BNb0RLWmpSX3U4WEE6MQ (or shorter bitly form: http://bit.ly/12T37ez )

Thanks,
Alex Miller

Bart Massey

Dec 31, 2012, 2:49:49 PM12/31/12
to pdx...@googlegroups.com
This reminds me: We should get Sergio Antoy in to talk about Curry at some future meeting. We also talked about getting Wm Leler in to talk about Bertrand. Next meeting soon? --Bart

Matt Youell

Dec 31, 2012, 4:03:24 PM12/31/12
to pdx...@googlegroups.com
"We" is you. :)  Next meeting will be in March. Feel free to recruit speakers. That goes for everyone; you are all deputized.

Bart Massey

Dec 31, 2012, 6:46:06 PM12/31/12
to pdx...@googlegroups.com
Pick a meeting date and I'll bug people! --Bart

Matt Youell

Jan 7, 2013, 5:14:00 PM1/7/13
to pdx...@googlegroups.com
Setting up these meetings is a system of constraints. I've been trying to give the presenters input into the exact date before pinning it down. I guess I fear missing a good speaker because we pick a night they are busy.

With that said, I'll pin down a date this time and we'll see how it goes. Let me ponder that.