Factor, Clay

Joe Groff

Nov 21, 2011, 8:51:20 PM11/21/11
to Zissou Society for Programming Language Exploration
Hi everybody. I work on Factor, Slava Pestov's Lisp-with-Forth-Syntax:
http://factorcode.org/

and Clay, KS Sreeram's systems programming language:
http://github.com/jckarter/clay/

I could talk about either. Or both!

-Joe

Charlie Loyd

Nov 21, 2011, 8:57:37 PM11/21/11
to pdx...@googlegroups.com
I vote both.

Jesse Cooke

Nov 21, 2011, 9:50:01 PM11/21/11
to pdx...@googlegroups.com

+2

@jc00ke
n-tier engineer

Matt Youell

Nov 22, 2011, 12:15:45 AM11/22/11
to pdx...@googlegroups.com
Either could be interesting. How well is Factor known among this group?

Jesse Cooke

Nov 22, 2011, 12:36:01 AM11/22/11
to pdx...@googlegroups.com

I've known about Factor for a few years now and have wanted to do a short talk at pdxfunc but never got the time to prep.

Jonathan "Duke" Leto

Nov 22, 2011, 12:52:21 AM11/22/11
to pdx...@googlegroups.com
Howdy,

I love Factor and at one time wrote the start of some GNU Scientific
Library bindings.

The FFI in Factor is very nice and clean.

I haven't played around with Clay, though.

Duke

--
Jonathan "Duke" Leto <jona...@leto.net>
Leto Labs LLC

Matt Youell

Nov 22, 2011, 1:48:03 AM11/22/11
to pdx...@googlegroups.com
Joe, I'll contact you off-list.

Thomas Lockney

Nov 22, 2011, 11:31:50 AM11/22/11
to pdx...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 5:51 PM, Joe Groff <arc...@gmail.com> wrote:

I definitely want to hear a talk on Factor, but Clay looks
interesting, too. I would prefer not to short-change a Factor talk,
though, but trying to cram both into one.