Ali Spivak

Oct 12, 2015, 12:05:32 PM10/12/15
to pd...@googlegroups.com
hi,

Have you heard about View Source, a conference for Web Developers being held November 2-4 in the Gerding Theater at the Armory? We would really like to get the Portland JS community engaged in the conference & get the word out about speaking/hosting opportunities. I would also like to offer a ticket for you to raffle at your next meetup, plus local discounts off tickets.

Speaking:
I'm looking for hosts for a 20-25 minute "interest group" discussion at the conference. These are interactive peer discussions in the afternoons - I'd love to have node.js or React as a topic (also open to other ideas - we have discussions on ECMA6, Web Assembly, and Service Workers already scheduled). Essentially, the host role is to keep the conversation focused and moving. It's a fun way to go to the conference and participate with other devs.

We're also looking for speakers for Ignite lightning talks at the Monday night opener.

Ticket:
I’d also like to offer a ticket for you to give away/raffle off at your next meetup.

Tickets to View Source Conference are $250 (plus an additional 25% off code LOCAL25).

http://viewsourcecong.org

Please contact me at asp...@mozilla.com & I'll get you set up for the ticket, plus provide any more information you need.

  • Industry-leading speakers on ECMAscript6, Web Assembly, Web Animation, Service Workers, JavaScript security, and more
  • Time for discussions, hacking and demos
  • Ignite talks & opening reception November 2
  • Fun evening events with your peers
-ali

--
ali spivak