OSBridge CFP + User Group Discount

Christie Koehler

Mar 9, 2015, 6:30:44 PM3/9/15
to pdxg...@googlegroups.com
Hi PDX Groups!

I'm one of the organizers of Open Source Bridge, Portland's annual
conference for open source citizens. This year will be our 7th event,
and we’re holding it June 23–26 at the Eliot Center downtown.

Our call for proposals has been extended through 14 March. We always get
some amazing proposals from Portland’s user group community and would
love it if you could mention the conference at your meetings and
encourage participation. You can find more information about the call
for proposals at: http://opensourcebridge.org/call-for-proposals

As usual, we have two great bonuses to offer user groups:

1) DISCOUNT CODE: Members of your group can register at
http://opensourcebridge.org/attend/ using the code "osbugluv" for only
$215 (that's $100 off our regular registration rate).

2) FREE PASS TO GIVE AWAY: You can raffle off a free conference pass to
a member of your group. When you have selected a winner, just send their
name and email address to userg...@opensourcebridge.org and we'll take
care of the rest. These raffles work best when you let everyone know
about the conference details, allow anyone in the group to sign up, and
then draw the winner at random (preferably at a public meeting).

In past years, we've had some groups hold their monthly meetings at the
conference venue or organize other related events. This can be a great
way to connect your user group with both local and out-of-town
conference attendees. While passes are required to attend our daytime
content, we open things up to the public in the evenings and are happy
to provide meeting space and promotion. Let me know if you're interested
in holding a meeting or have an idea for another event like a
birds-of-a-feather session.

I've included further details about the conference and the discount code
below, for easy forwarding to your group's mailing list.

Thank You!

Christie Koehler
Open Source Bridge, a Stumptown Syndicate Event
http://opensourcebridge.org/

###

Open Source Bridge is a conference for those working with open source
technologies. It will take place June 23–26, 2014, in Portland, Oregon,
with five tracks connecting people across projects, languages and
experience to explore how we do our work and why we participate in open
source. The conference structure is designed to provide technologists
with an opportunity to learn from people they might not connect with at
other events. Attendees will learn and interact at three days of
traditional conference presentations, a day of free-form unconference
sessions, and our all-day Hacker Lounge.

We’re also seeking presentation proposals through March 14th. Read our
Call for Proposals at: http://opensourcebridge.org/call-for-proposals

As a user group member, you can use the coupon code “osbugluv” to
register for only $215 when you select Regular Registration. Learn more
and register today at http://opensourcebridge.org/attend/

The conference is run entirely by volunteers who believe in the need for
an open source event that focuses on the culture of being an open source
citizen, regardless of where in the stack you choose to work. If you’d
like help out, take a look at: http://opensourcebridge.org/get-involved/

Our event shares in-depth knowledge about using, creating, and
contributing to open source as citizens of a greater community. You’ll
find relevant information whether you develop web apps for the cloud,
tinker with operating system internals, create hardware, run a startup,
write about technology, or build communities.

Visit http://opensourcebridge.org/ to learn more about the conference,
see our session proposals, and register to attend.

Open Source Bridge is a Stumptown Syndicate event. To learn more about
our non-profit organization, including our other events, visit
http://stumptownsyndicate.org/.

Joe Lewis

Apr 4, 2015, 6:10:23 PM4/4/15
to pdxg...@googlegroups.com