Open Source Bridge CFP + raffle + discount code

Reid Beels

Mar 27, 2017, 9:33:09 PM3/27/17
to pdxgroups
Hi PDX Groups!

It's that time of year again! Open Source Bridge, Portland's annual conference for open source citizens, is coming up again. We're holding it June 20–23 at the Eliot Center downtown.

Our call for proposals is now open. We always get some amazing proposals from Portland’s user group community and would love it if you could mention the conference at your meetings and encourage participation. You can find more information about the call for proposals at: http://opensourcebridge.org/call-for-proposals. The current deadline is March 31, but we're probably going to extend it a week since we're a bit late in getting out the word.

As usual, we have two great bonuses to offer user groups:
1) DISCOUNT CODE: Members of your group can register at http://opensourcebridge.org/attend/ using the code "osbugluv" for $100 off our regular registration rate.
2) FREE PASS TO GIVE AWAY: You can raffle off a free conference pass to a member of your group. When you have selected a winner, just send their name and email address to usergroups@opensourcebridge.org and we'll take care of the rest. These raffles work best when you let everyone know about the conference details, allow anyone in the group to sign up, and then draw the winner at random (preferably at a public meeting).

In past years, we've had some groups hold their monthly meetings at the conference venue or organize other related events. This can be a great way to connect your user group with both local and out-of-town conference attendees. While passes are required to attend our daytime content, we open things up to the public in the evenings and are happy to provide meeting space and promotion. Let me know if you're interested in holding a meeting or have an idea for another event.

Thank You!
Reid Beels
Open Source Bridge