Stumptown Syndicate is seeking Board Members (apply by 10/31)

Christie Koehler

Oct 17, 2015, 6:08:37 PM10/17/15
to pdxg...@googlegroups.com
Hi Portland User Group organizers!

Wanted to let you know that Stumptown Syndicate, the non-profit
organization behind local tech events Open Source Bridge, BarCamp
Portland, Ignite Portland, and WhereCampPDX, is seeking applicants to
its Board of Directors:
http://stumptownsyndicate.org/2015/10/16/seeking-board-members/

If you've enjoyed and appreciated being involved in these events and
want to see them continue and get even better, please consider applying.
Not interested yourself, but know someone who would be a good fit?
Encourage them to apply!

No prior non-profit experience is required. We provided training on
non-profit related matters.

In addition to hosting awesome tech events, Stumptown Syndicate also
stewards open source projects such as OpenConferenceWare and Calagator
and also maintains the Citizen Code of Conduct. We have many cool
projects planned for next year, including improving access to Open
Source Bridge with a well-funded scholarship program, becoming a fiscal
sponsor for related community projects, launching a "safety, diversity &
inclusion" program, improving our support of open source contributors
via programs like Outreachy, and more. We plan to hire an Executive
Director next year.

See our post for more details, including our overall mission and board
member responsibilities:
http://stumptownsyndicate.org/2015/10/16/seeking-board-members/

And then apply by 31 October at 11:59pm PT here:
https://stumptownsyndicate.wufoo.com/forms/stumptown-syndicate-board-member-application/

Got questions? Get in touch either with me directly or the entire board
(bo...@stumptownsyndicate.org).

Cheers,
Christie

--