Practice meeting, Mar. 4th

Lyle Kopnicky

Feb 21, 2019, 1:54:38 AM2/21/19
to pdxfunc
When: Monday, Mar. 4th, 6:30-8:30pm
Where: Collective Agency Downtown, Suite 1108, 511 SW 10th Ave, Portland, OR (opposite side of the floor from the elevators)

We'll continue to discuss Chapter 7, "Basic Concurrency: Threads and MVars", of Parallel and Concurrent Programming in Haskell, picking up with the section "MVar as a Building Block: Unbounded Channels." We may also have time to get into Chapter 8, or demonstrate some examples of Accelerate (related to Chapter 6). At the meeting anyone will be able to present and contribute to the discussion.

Meetup link to RSVP:

Hope to see you then!

Lyle Kopnicky

Mar 6, 2019, 11:01:09 PM3/6/19
to pdxfunc
Great meeting! We had several new folks show up, so we spent a bit of time reviewing some of the ideas behind MVars before proceeding with the chapter. Thanks for keeping me on my toes with explaining things! We wrapped up the chapter and will be moving on to the next one.