Hiatus until possibly July

Lyle Kopnicky

Apr 7, 2019, 5:12:20 PM4/7/19
to pdxfunc
Hi folks,

I have good news and bad news. The good news is that I've gotten a proposal accepted to do a two-hour workshop at LambdaConf, about natural deduction, in which I'll also demonstrate the proof checker I've been working on.

The bad news is, that means I need time to focus on putting together my workshop. The conference is at the beginning of June, so I'll need to take a break until then.

Also considering June is Pedalpalooza month, and we have a big work project deadline at the end of that month, I probably won't be ready to start back up again until July.

Also good news is that we finished up Logic & Proof in the theory group! So we'll start with a new text, probably on type theory, when we resume.

The practice group will continue with Parallel and Concurrent Programming in Haskell, which we're about 60% of the way through. It's been a great book.

Cheers,
Lyle

Michael Heyman

Apr 7, 2019, 8:14:13 PM4/7/19
to pdxfunc
Congratulations on the workshop!

I'll keep an eye out for the beginning of the next path of the theory group.

Lyle Kopnicky

Apr 10, 2019, 8:04:11 PM4/10/19
to pdxfunc
Thanks, Michael!

I’ll also be going this coming week to the Midlands Graduate School in the Foundations of Computing Science. So hopefully I’ll bring back some nuggets of wisdom from that!

Tom Harke

Apr 11, 2019, 11:45:14 AM4/11/19
to pdx...@googlegroups.com
I'm jealous that you get to go to the Midlands Grad School :-)

Have a great time.

Lyle Kopnicky

Apr 11, 2019, 12:08:20 PM4/11/19
to pdxfunc
Thanks! I’ll try to take good notes. :)

John Hughes is presenting! Though I don’t know whether I’ll end up attending his lectures or not. There are conflicting tracks of classes, so I have to come up with something that I’ll get the most out of.