Fermentation Group introduction

Jeff Schwaber

Sep 5, 2008, 5:06:58 PM9/5/08
to pdxfe...@googlegroups.com
Hello all!

In the wake of last BarCamp's roundcouch discussion of fermentation,
I'd like to suggest that we do that more regularly! Let's share
stories and suggestions. We can talk about our projects here and have
meetings to tell stories, swap starters and hang out.

Anybody had a recent success to tell? I've got some bottles of wine
that might be ... well, they might be anything at this point.

I'd like to suggest a weekend meeting. If you have a preference for
Sundays or Saturdays, please chime in, or we could alternate.

There have also been suggestions that we locate at Foster & Dobbs, a
local cheese store which already has a monthly cheesemaking group
meeting there. I called them and they said they have space as long as
we're not larger than we were at BarCamp, and that they'd be happy to
try having us meet there. They have a pretty busy lunch hour, so they
suggested 2pm as a better time. We might also be able to do a weekday
evening, as they close at 8.

I'm going to suggest that we meet on Sunday, the 21st, at 2pm. Let me
know if you absolutely cannot make that, and if so, what times you
could make.

In the meantime, I'd like to hear what you're all experimenting with?

Thanks,

Jeff

Audrey Eschright

Sep 8, 2008, 12:14:25 AM9/8/08
to pdxfe...@googlegroups.com
I just woke up my sourdough after neglecting it all summer [1], so I'm eager to get together and talk fermentation again. Sunday the 21st at Foster & Dobbs works for me.

Audrey

[1] It doesn't seem to mind the neglect at all. I'd be happy to being some to share if anyone would like to try it.

Reid Beels

Sep 8, 2008, 2:54:35 AM9/8/08
to pdxfe...@googlegroups.com
Though I'm not currently fermenting anything, sunday the 21st works
well for me too.

Jeff Schwaber

Sep 9, 2008, 9:57:37 PM9/9/08
to pdxfe...@googlegroups.com
Okay,

It's official: We'll meet at 2:00pm at Foster&Dobbs.

http://calagator.org/events/1250455715

Jeff

michelp

Sep 11, 2008, 12:02:43 PM9/11/08
to pdxferment
I cannot attend the event, but I have 3 Kombucha mothers in deep
freeze I'm happy to donate. They are fresh and will only be a couple
weeks old at that point. Each mother is a round disk about the same
size as a fermenting bucket. They are large and could be easily split
into 4-6 smaller mothers.