Re: Next meetup?

Casey Rosenthal

Sep 28, 2012, 11:25:47 AM9/28/12
to pdxe...@googlegroups.com
Fantastic question!  We had the meetups scheduled on the 4th Thursday of the month.  I have not been in Portland for the 4th Thursday of the month since mid-Spring.  I thought about running the meetups remotely from Spain, Germany, Vancouver, etc... but it would be really difficult for me to open the door to Collective Agency from that far away.

The next 3 fourth-Thursdays don't look good either.  I will be on the East Coast in October, then it falls on Thanksgiving in November, and is in the middle of the holidays on December.  Perhaps fourth-Thursday was a bad choice.

We need someone who is reliably in town to hold the meetups on a regular basis.  I will reach out to a couple likely suspects again this week.  As I mentioned elsewhere, we have enough material for several months' worth of meetups already prepared.

Thanks!
-Casey

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 12:11 AM, Luc Perkins <l...@appfog.com> wrote:
Hey everyone,

Any idea when the next meetup will be? Any planning going on on that end of things? I ask because I'm beginning to get my feet wet with distributed systems and the like, and obviously Erlang is the place to start. I'd love to join the convo in any way possible.

CLR

Sep 28, 2012, 4:10:07 PM9/28/12
to pdxe...@googlegroups.com
Darrin Eden put on his cape and volunteered to help.  I will be meeting with him next week to get the meetups back on track.  Thank you all for your patience, etc.

Thanks!
-Casey

Matt Youell

Sep 28, 2012, 7:26:34 PM9/28/12