E Biking Since 2008

John

Jun 23, 2010, 11:38:24 PM6/23/10
to pdxebiker
Hello Group
I started Ebiking as the solution to a commuting time problem. I don't
have any hills on my 14 mile commute to Gresham from Portland but it
did take me about an hour and 10 minutes with traffic stops and a
maximum effort by me. Arriving at work, I was not only a sweaty mess,
I was tired. So, after a little research and a test ride by a trusted
friend in Boulder, I ordered the Optibike 800 Li . Now my commute is
about 40 minutes and I arrive sweaty ( yes you do get exercise, sort
of like a spin class) but not so tired and of course, its a blast.
The Opti is not the solution for most people, its like buying a
Ferrari ,with the price to match , but it solved my commute issues.
Initially I experienced some hostility from the internet bike
community, but never in the real world. I'm glad to see more people
get into Ebiking, I think it leads to other stuff, all of it good.

pdx ebiker

Jun 24, 2010, 2:56:16 PM6/24/10
to pdxebiker
Thanks for posting John! I'd love to get a pic of you and your bike
and ask a couple questions for a profile. Drop me a line if you're
interested.
Message has been deleted