Jim Harbaugh's act has 'worn thin' with 49ers

Time2Flush

Mar 4, 2014, 11:47:03 PM3/4/14
Jim Harbaugh remains the 49ers' coach. Trent Baalke remains the
general manager. Jimmy Haslam's "opportunity" has come and gone.

Still, uncertainty lingers in San Francisco. The relationship
between Harbaugh and Baalke has been portrayed as the major
source of internal dysfunction, but that might not be the only
area of concern.

Ann Killion of the San Francisco Chronicle reported Sunday that
"Harbaugh's act has worn thin in the locker room, particularly
among some key 'face of the 49ers' type players," according to a
source with inside knowledge of the team.

This probably doesn't come as a surprise -- Harbaugh never will
be confused with Pete Carroll, after all. As for the "face of
the 49ers" bit, names like Frank Gore, Patrick Willis, Justin
Smith, Vernon Davis and Colin Kaepernick immediately spring to
mind.

Another 49ers source believes that even a rich, new contract
would provide only temporary tranquility within the organization.

"That's just who Jim is," the source said. "He'd probably like
to redo his contract every year, just out of competition."

These are the type of quotes that make it sound like Harbaugh's
more trouble than he's worth. But then you remember the Niners
have averaged 12 wins for the past three seasons with three deep
playoff runs, including one near Super Bowl triumph.

As long as that success continues, Harbaugh will continue to
possess supreme leverage.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000330209/article/report-
jim-harbaughs-act-has-worn-thin-with-49ers

Message has been deleted

John Slade

Oct 18, 2014, 8:52:07 PM10/18/14
On 3/4/2014 8:47 PM, Time2Flush wrote:

> Ann Killion of the San Francisco Chronicle reported Sunday that
> "Harbaugh's act has worn thin in the locker room, particularly
> among some key 'face of the 49ers' type players," according to a
> source with inside knowledge of the team.

Blah, blah, blah. More wild rumor from unnamed "inside
sources". Just more journalists trying to make a name for
themselves by writing something controversial. As for players,
sure some of them won't like the coach or his methods or the
coach and his methods. That's the way EVERY team is. This is
being blown out of proportion. Don't even pay attention to this
stuff until the season is over. Then we'll see. Right now the
49ers are winning and playing better. Nobody gives a crap about
people who don't get along personally. They are professionals
and they're winning.

John

matt

Oct 20, 2014, 1:02:26 AM10/20/14
In article <m1uuok$edg$1...@dont-email.me>
"abdullah" <abdu...@sdf.org> wrote:

> x-no-archive: yes
>
> he's a winner. the 9ers cant do a mariucci again. that cast them into the
> wilderness for a decade.

Pelosi, Feinstein, Boxer, Sanchez. talk about wilderness for a
decade.