The Uncritical: YOUR OLD FLAME [Shakespeare /Etc/]

Big Red Jeff Rubard

Jan 30, 2010, 10:08:17 PM1/30/10
ALL'S WELL THAT ENDS WELL

SCENE I. Paris. The KING's palace.

Flourish of cornets. Enter the KING, attended with divers young
Lords taking leave for the Florentine war; BERTRAM, and PAROLLES

KING

Farewell, young lords; these warlike principles
Do not throw from you: and you, my lords, farewell:
Share the advice betwixt you; if both gain, all
The gift doth stretch itself as 'tis received,
And is enough for both.

First Lord

'Tis our hope, sir,
After well enter'd soldiers, to return
And find your grace in health.

KING

No, no, it cannot be; and yet my heart
Will not confess he owes the malady
That doth my life besiege. Farewell, young lords;
Whether I live or die, be you the sons
Of worthy Frenchmen: let higher Italy,--
Those bated that inherit but the fall
Of the last monarchy,--see that you come
Not to woo honour, but to wed it; when
The bravest questant shrinks, find what you seek,
That fame may cry you loud: I say, farewell.

Second Lord

Health, at your bidding, serve your majesty!

Big Red Jeff Rubard

Jan 30, 2010, 10:09:42 PM1/30/10
Othello, the Moor of Venice

SCENE I. Venice. A street.

Enter RODERIGO and IAGO

RODERIGO

Tush! never tell me; I take it much unkindly
That thou, Iago, who hast had my purse
As if the strings were thine, shouldst know of this.

IAGO

'Sblood, but you will not hear me:
If ever I did dream of such a matter, Abhor me.

RODERIGO

Thou told'st me thou didst hold him in thy hate.

Big Red Jeff Rubard

Jan 30, 2010, 10:12:41 PM1/30/10
*Esquisse* for a Movie: "Shylock, Captain Awesome" [BASED Obviously
and /Uninterestingly/ on "THE MERCHANT OF VENICE"]

SCENE V. The same. Before SHYLOCK'S house.

Enter SHYLOCK and LAUNCELOT

SHYLOCK

Well, thou shalt see, thy eyes shall be thy judge,
The difference of old Shylock and Bassanio:--
What, Jessica!--thou shalt not gormandise,
As thou hast done with me:--What, Jessica!--
And sleep and snore, and rend apparel out;--
Why, Jessica, I say!

LAUNCELOT

Why, Jessica!

SHYLOCK

Who bids thee call? I do not bid thee call.

LAUNCELOT

Your worship was wont to tell me that
I could do nothing without bidding.

Enter Jessica

Big Red Jeff Rubard

Jan 30, 2010, 10:14:53 PM1/30/10
On Jan 30, 7:12 pm, Big Red Jeff Rubard

Furthermore:
For Spier /pére/: LEON TROTSKY *solamente*
NEWSFLASH: TRIBE ALL LIVE

Jeffrey Rubard

Jan 4, 2022, 2:57:28 AM1/4/22
Dudes, what if "Shakespeare" was really the composer John Dowland?
Anyhow.