Civic Memorial [!! - Eds.]

Jeff Rubard

Apr 14, 2010, 6:36:25 PM4/14/10
To all appearances the Belmont Avenue location of the Multnomah County
Library [M.C.L.] has been open on Easter Sunday a number of times in
recent years. As a person from Beaverton I don't usually stick my nose
in these kinds of issues -- but perhaps it really ought to be
considered a Venial Sin indeed -- for the branch to have been open in
defiance of all American norms and the tastes of /most/ patrons in
such a way. Vanity endeth -- enthusiasm for the Nazarene not. Think on
it.

J.R.

Glen Labah

Apr 18, 2010, 2:45:46 AM4/18/10
In article
<9559dcf6-8c29-4b42...@i25g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,
Jeff Rubard <jeffr...@gmail.com> wrote:

Ha! University of Portland (a Roman Catholic institution) held classes
on Good Friday until fairly recently - until someone higher up suggested
that might be a bad idea.

--
Please note this e-mail address is a pit of spam due to e-mail address
harvesters on Usenet. Response time to e-mail sent here is slow.

Jeffrey Rubard

Feb 4, 2022, 8:04:15 PM2/4/22
2022 Update: "It doesn't have to be an issue if we don't make it an issue"
was once a fairly popular Northern Oregon attitude. Once.

Jeffrey Rubard

May 2, 2022, 7:50:37 PM5/2/22
Update: Yeah, the "v. attractive" guy who thinks he administers beatings in tune
with... whose idea, anyhow... is... maybe not the "librarian of old"?