"All Shook Down" '22

Jeffrey Rubard

Nov 22, 2022, 3:25:59 PM11/22/22
Yeah, so someone's "personal problems", well...

But this is some pretty powerful *pro forma* language, at least around here:

"The United States has a regulatory framework for public employment."

Jeffrey Rubard

Nov 22, 2022, 4:47:44 PM11/22/22
In particular, it is strongly suggested that efforts to "drive regulations away"
through play-acting in person be regarded as generally less effective than
they are today thought. #butwillitstillbetruetomorrow

Jeffrey Rubard

Nov 25, 2022, 6:07:10 PM11/25/22
Additionally, They Don't Tell You That...

The normal penalties for public infractions actually are "massaged" way, way
less than people would think; if you think "cutting up" with someone is just
going to be de rigueur, don't you remember when the same choice cost you...

Yeah, you do remember that. So.

Jeffrey Rubard

Nov 26, 2022, 5:22:09 PM11/26/22
Time after time: "They eventually work it out of their system and you won't miss rash decisions you didn't make."

Jeffrey Rubard

Dec 6, 2022, 2:46:12 PM12/6/22
I guess it's a wrap. "The '4th Time Around Marching Band' closes", etc.

Jeffrey Rubard

Dec 6, 2022, 10:16:14 PM12/6/22
"December 7, 2022, a day that will live in infamy?"
What?

Jeffrey Rubard

Dec 9, 2022, 5:44:40 PM12/9/22
Yeah, that was... not good.
"Always remember what none of us did for... well... give me a second here..."

Jeffrey Rubard

Dec 10, 2022, 5:57:27 PM12/10/22
"Hey, buddy. Why would you even think that someone was 'less of an American' than you because..."
It seemed to be a thing for you? The basic point is solid, though.

Jeffrey Rubard

Dec 18, 2022, 5:37:04 PM12/18/22
Everybody looking forward to Christmas, then?
"They're not."
Did you ask all of them, etc?

Jeffrey Rubard

Dec 19, 2022, 6:04:43 PM12/19/22
"Not everybody is looking forward to Christmas."
I suppose that could be "generally expected", yes.

Jeffrey Rubard

Dec 26, 2022, 4:20:56 PM12/26/22
Now they're really not!
"Why is that?"
It's Dec. 26th.

Jeffrey Rubard

Dec 28, 2022, 6:50:55 PM12/28/22
"No it's not! It's December 28th."
Oh, you see what my way of thinking amounts to.

Jeffrey Rubard

Dec 29, 2022, 11:16:38 AM12/29/22
"Are we supposed to worry about the time of the day, too?"
No. Are you following someone around or something?

Jeffrey Rubard

Dec 29, 2022, 5:18:38 PM12/29/22
Also: Confidential to "P.C.", post festum --
"You've done enough. Have you no sense of decency, sir, at long last? Have you left no sense of decency?"

Jeffrey Rubard

Dec 30, 2022, 6:26:53 PM12/30/22
Man, that stuff is tiresome.

Jeffrey Rubard

Jan 1, 2023, 5:16:06 PM1/1/23
In 2023? Unlikely a "merman" I should turn to be. Also: can you "realists" cope with a single goddamn fact at all?

Jeffrey Rubard

Jan 2, 2023, 12:52:23 PM1/2/23
Does the new year "suit you"? That's *almost* a fact!

Jeffrey Rubard

Jan 3, 2023, 7:52:15 PM1/3/23
A Voice Abroad: "Monopolizing the agora, are we?"
Yeah, I kinda do feel bad.

Jeffrey Rubard

Jan 5, 2023, 3:56:21 PM1/5/23
Update: On the other hand, that sort of IP/ID theft has been ubiquitous in the Portland area since the 1990s.

Jeffrey Rubard

Jan 5, 2023, 8:11:22 PM1/5/23
I think we're just about done.

Jeffrey Rubard