Quantified Self meetup at Wieden+Kennedy next Tuesday Apr 10th

Ioan Mitrea

Apr 6, 2012, 1:24:04 PM4/6/12
to pdx-visualization
Hi,

I am the local organizer for the Quantified Self Meetup group and
Amber
Case suggested I could email this group as your members might be
interested
in the event we are organizing next week.

There will be some presentations from people about their own self
tracking
experiments and lots of time for discussion. I think there would be a
lot
of interesting discussion topics about how to best visualize personal
data,
especially in order to see correlations between different data sets.

Here is an email that we sent to our QS meetup group members with some
more
details:

Hello there!

Well guess what? Only 4 more days until our amazing Quantified Self
meetup!
Are you coming? I hope you are!

There are still some spots left and you can RSVP
here<http://www.meetup.com/PDX-Quantified-Self/events/53688892/>

!

Okay, so maybe you're on the fence about it. Totally understand.
You're
busy, and you're not sure what this whole Quantified Self thing is
about.
Well allow me to give you a little info.

Quantified Self is a global collaboration of makers and users of
self-tracking tools. Portland is one of over 60 QS meetup groups
around the
world! That's right, people are meeting and talking about their
self-experiments in New York, Beirut, Singapore, Austin, and Amsterdam
name a few). Seattle even has one! So we decided to put another
Pacific
Northwest meetup group on the map because we know this community is
amazing. Potland has some of the best technology and science minds and
we
want to help them get to know each other and share their amazing
knowledge.
What kind of knowledge you ask?

The BEST kind of knowledge. The kind that you generate from engaging
in
your own self-experiment. Quantified Self is all about creating
knowledge
through data collection and experimentation.These experiments span a
wide
range, from learning a new language, losing 30 pounds in a year, or
collecting unique thoughts for over a decade. People all over the
world
present at their meetups about these experiments. You can see some of
those